PDA

View Full Version : Security - no longer a "Guests with no bags" line?

Euby
01-10-2017, 05:32 AM
I read somewhere that with security updates, that they were phasing out the "no bag" line when going into the parks.

Is that true? Just wondering if this is a good excuse to get a new bag or not. I mean if I have to be in that line anyway, may as well have a bag. I'll need it for my gallon jug of sunscreen at the least.

:sun: + :wave: (me) = :flame::medic:

Basket Mommy
01-10-2017, 08:37 AM
The last time I went (in October) there was still a no bags entrance. I try not to bring a bag with me if I can help it. I did get pulled aside to go through the metal detectors twice, but that is random. Not everyone goes through the metal detectors.

dnickels
01-10-2017, 09:06 AM
I read somewhere that with security updates, that they were phasing out the "no bag" line when going into the parks.

Is that true?....

On Sunday at Epcot there was no "no bag" line. Everyone had to go through security.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-10-2017, 11:56 AM
That's what I found ... every time we used the "no bags" line we went through security. When we used the bags line, it was random.

So, in the end, both options took the same amount of time.

waymickey
01-10-2017, 01:37 PM
From what I read yesterday everyone will be going through security starting very soon. bags will still be checked if you bring one and you will go through the metal detector. Additional metal dectors are going up or are up now at MK.

Speedy1998
01-12-2017, 12:24 PM
ugh. I wonder why the change, I have not brought a bag in years just so I did not have to wait in line.

Guess I can retire the cargo shorts now ;)

Simba's Mom
01-12-2017, 01:42 PM
We came home from WDW yesterday. DH didn't go thru any security at AK on Sunday, but he did have to go through a metal detector at Epcot on Monday.

CaptSmee
01-31-2017, 02:17 PM
We came home from WDW yesterday. DH didn't go thru any security at AK on Sunday, but he did have to go through a metal detector at Epcot on Monday.

just returned. every park still has a no bag line, but at MK & Epcot everyone goes through metal detector. really didn't take longer because they added several detectors as well as bag check areas in the morning

texas211
02-11-2017, 02:04 PM
ugh. I wonder why the change, I have not brought a bag in years just so I did not have to wait in line.

Guess I can retire the cargo shorts now ;)

Yeah, might as well carry a pack now..

Though when the start w/ probes I'm drawing the line :)