PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best meal you've had?

Scallywag
01-09-2017, 05:21 PM
What is the best meal you've had on Disney property? We went to The Wave at the Contemporary last year and I wasn't expecting much. I had a steak dinner that was one of the better ones I have ever had.
I'm interested in hearing someone else's "Best's". I might look for one of them on our upcoming trip.

BrowncatP
01-09-2017, 05:44 PM
I don't have a best meal, but the Spinach and Artichoke Dip at the Sci-Fi at DHS was great this past September.

mook3y
01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
I can't say as I have a favorite meal at Narcoossee's, everything I have ever had there as been excellent. Definitely our favorite spot for our traditional "date night" meal when on vacation. That said, the Ossobuco at Citrico's was amazing too.

Hopefully next trip, I can finally get to try Victoria & Albert's

Basket Mommy
01-09-2017, 06:48 PM
In the parks? Hollywood Brown Derby is up there, as is Le Cellier. I also love Tusker House and Crystal Palace for everyday type food. California Grill is a hotel fave. Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. I've been fortunate enough to have dined at Victoria & Albert's 3 times, once at the Chef's Table. That was the best meal I've had in my entire life, as well as the best one on Disney property.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2017, 06:51 PM
That's hard some of our bests were:
Breakfast-Kona Café, I remember we had the big Kahuna, tonga toast and steak and eggs.
Dinners-back in 2005 Cinderella Castle probably the coolest, I had some kind of seafood stew-I think it was atmosphere mostly, runner up probably our first dinner at Ohana in 2011
These also were very good in 2008 at LeCellier-filet, cheddar cheese soup and maple crème brulee and in 2014 Lobster, steak and almond crusted cheesecake at Narcossee's-the cheesecake probably the best dessert

sorry hard to pick just one

faline
01-09-2017, 08:53 PM
The very best we've had was dining at Victoria & Albert's. This is a very special meal but also has a price tag to match. Our second best experience would need to be California Grill - still pricey but very nice.

thejens
01-09-2017, 08:58 PM
My best meal ever was at California Grill. I recall the amazing melt in my mouth grilled fois gras to this day. My next most memorable was eating in Sanaa, enjoying the appetizer plate with all the dips, and a giraffe came right up to the windows to check us out. And then there is the time at Park Fare when Alice climbed under the table when my shy little son did.

There have been many wonderful meals. :)

lawgirl
01-09-2017, 09:17 PM
I think the best I've ever had was at Sanaa. I've had many good meals- The Wave, Kona Cafe, and Boma come to mind, but Sanaa is just the best. Be sure to get the naan platter with all the different sauces. It is amazing!

MNNHFLTX
01-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Jiko was probably tops on my list--the filet mignon there was amazing and they had the most wonderful sides and appetizers. I also love the steak salad at the Kona (they only serve it at lunch) and the cobb salad at the Brown Derby.

DebK
01-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Victoria & Albert's was amazing.....If you didn't want to spend that much, the surf-n-turf at Narcoossee's with the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert was pretty good too!

disney1026
01-25-2017, 02:22 PM
I've had a lot of good meals!!!
Some of the stand-outs to me are:
Tusker House Restaurant (Dinner)
Flame Tree Barbecue
Le Cellier
Katsura Grill
O'hana (Dinner)

VWL Mom
01-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Up until 2 weeks ago I would have said my hands down favorite meal is the Porterhouse Lamb Chops at Shula's. This trip we went to Artist Point and the Tomahawk Veal Chop moved into the number one spot for me, outstanding!

BrerGnat
01-26-2017, 10:11 AM
Dinner at Bluezoo at the Dolphin was the best meal I've had on property to date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Speedy1998
01-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Restaurant Marrakesh. No wait, even the day before Thanksgiving, and excellent food.

If your not the adventurous type get the Shish Kebab, it is grill beef and mixed vegetables served over rice.

deedee73
01-28-2017, 12:11 AM
O'hana - the shrimp. Narcoossee's - surf & turf. Coral Reef - Jack Daniel's chocolate mousse dessert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

texas211
01-29-2017, 04:17 PM
We've had great meals at Boatwrights pretty consistently. Great appetizers, drinks and dinner. Our favorite.

I can't say I've had any memorably good experiences at any of the MGM restaurants.

mrte62
01-29-2017, 07:47 PM
California Grill. Flatbreads, sushi and dessert while watching the fireworks at the MK.......

joanna71985
01-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness! I love the cornbread/salad course, as well as the strawberry shortcake for dessert

Arielfan98
01-31-2017, 01:10 AM
Turf Club Bar and Grille. Hidden gem on property at Saratoga Springs. Best steak I've ever had in my life and it comes with this delicious lobster fondue to dip in.

Fastpasssteve
02-01-2017, 12:47 AM
The best meal I ever had was at Kiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge following the Wanyama Safari. It was served family style with many items found on their menu. I felt so spoiled. It was wonderful.

joonyer
02-01-2017, 03:31 PM
The "best" meal I have had at WDW was at 'Ohana. By "best" in this case I mean the most enjoyable overall meal experience we have had while at WDW. Our kids were younger and it was the first time we tried 'Ohana. The food, the service the atmosphere, the fire grill, music and kid games made it a truly magical experience. We loved it and have been back every trip. Yes, you can probably find more "gourmet" meals at other places in WDW, but that meal was one that we'll always remember as one of our best family dining out events.

Dulcee
02-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Hands down, Jiko on our honeymoon, 2012.

We had an amazing waitress, a table decorated with confetti, a congratulatory card signed by all the staff and complimentary champagne to celebrate with at the end of the meal. My husband still talks about that first Jiko filet mignon (there have been many since) and I had a to die for duck dish. We've never had a bad meal at Jiko but that was easily the most memorable.

ransam
02-09-2017, 04:06 PM
It was at california grill. I swear if there weren't people around I would have licked the plate.

STK steak house was pretty close as well.

jonahbear2006
02-21-2017, 03:56 AM
The wave for breakfast! For every other meal any restaurant at AKL: the mara, boma, jiko, sanaa.

azcavalier
02-22-2017, 09:50 AM
I have to second (and third) those who said "California Grill". We've been there twice, and have loved it both times.

We have also loved Artist Point and Chefs de France.

That said, I think that the most consistently good meal we have at Disney is Teppan Edo. It's really good, and has never been bad. I've had good and bad meals at many WDW restaurants, but never at Teppan Edo, and I've probably eaten there 15 times.

BriarRose0708
02-22-2017, 11:08 AM
Another fan of Jiko here. My sister and I had a wonderful dinner there that was worth every penny - it wasn't even that expensive compared to other signature restaurants. The service was fantastic and the food was well prepared and very flavorful. I would go back in an instant!

#1donaldfan
02-22-2017, 01:24 PM
We've had so many superb meals to narrow it down to a best .... hmmmmm ... I guess the night I ripped the buffet apart at Trails End was pretty memorable. I ate so much, it was so good. I was gluttonous for sure and felt like a tick riding the bus back to the car. We love Cape May and Boma as well and make these three go to places on our trips down ....

texas211
02-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Boatwrights has given us a few great meals. A must for us.