PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - THE PLAN

Buttercup
01-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Hey guys! So we had another thread going with ideas of where we will be meeting and when during the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend January 13-15 at Disneyland.

I'm sure some of you are arriving earlier in the week for some extra fun! So if you're on social media like Twitter, use the hashtag #runICOT and maybe you can track down some other Intercotees to meet up with! Also if anything is changing with plans, follow this thread or follow @INTERCOT on Twitter.

:rocks:

Now as far as the actual race days, this is what we've come up with as far as "semi official plans". (Thanks Justin, BrerGnat and others for your help getting this together!)

Friday January 13: 5K
- Pink ICOT shirt day if you've got it!
- RUNNERS: meet at the main stage at 4:30AM for a group shot with all our other runners before heading to the starting corrals. Race starts at 5:30AM.
- CHEER ICOT: Meet in the Esplanade between the entrances of Disneyland and California Adventure Park around 5:30am and get ready to cheer for everyone passing by! Check this link to view the course map and see where the runners come through the Esplanade area. https://www.rundisney.com/media/rundisney/star-wars-half-marathon/2017_SW-DLR_Maps_5K.pdf

Saturday January 14: 10K
Teal ICOT shirt day
- RUNNERS: Race Starts at 5:30AM
- CHEER ICOT: Meet in the Esplanade between Disneyland and DCA around 5:30am to cheer! Check this link to view the course map and see where the runners come through the Esplanade area. https://www.rundisney.com/media/rundisney/star-wars-half-marathon/2017_SW-DLR_Maps_10K.pdf

Sunday January 15: 1/2 Marathon
Purple ICOT Shirt Day
- RUNNERS: Race Starts at 5:30 AM
- CHEER ICOT: Meet in the Esplanade between Disneyland and DCA around 5:30am to cheer! Check this link to view the course map and see where the runners come through the Esplanade area. https://www.rundisney.com/media/rundisney/star-wars-half-marathon/2017_SW-DLR_Maps_Half.pdf

Other get togethers:
We may try to set up an informal meetup at Hearthstone Lounge at Disneys Grand Californian at some point. Maybe a nice big group photo! We will post info here and on Twitter if we can nail down a date and time.

Post below if you're coming to run or cheer! Let's see how many Intercotees we are going to have in California!

Yungbuck73
01-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Great job Carolyn. I was going to attempt this later today. You prob did a better job than I would have. See you next week. #runICOT #cheerICOT

John
01-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Up on the home page now - thanks!

badkitty
01-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks Carolyn! I'm running all three races!

I don't use twitter and checking the forum frequently is hard in the parks. Justin, would you text me with any plans made or changed? Thanks!

John
01-05-2017, 02:14 PM

I don't use twitter and checking the forum frequently is hard in the parks. Justin, would you text me with any plans made or changed? Thanks!

How come it's hard in the parks? The mobile version of the boards shouldn't be bad. Is it wifi issues?

I'm running all three as well. I'm sure Carolyn will be textin'

badkitty
01-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Hey John, I meant checking it all the time for updates. I don't like to be tied to the phone but texts are easy to get.

Yungbuck73
01-06-2017, 07:09 PM

Of course I will keep you updated.

BrerGnat
01-07-2017, 01:16 PM
How come it's hard in the parks? The mobile version of the boards shouldn't be bad. Is it wifi issues?

I'm running all three as well. I'm sure Carolyn will be textin'

There is no wifi in the parks at Disneyland and sometimes cell coverage is spotty.

magicofdisney
01-08-2017, 05:28 PM
If I'm driving myself (not staying onsite), do I park in the parking lot with tram service to the starting line?

Lacy
01-08-2017, 09:40 PM
I'll be there running the 5K with my family (DH, 8 year old DS and exchange student). I'm running the half by myself - will look forward to seeing the cheer icot folks!

BrerGnat
01-12-2017, 09:59 PM
If I'm driving myself (not staying onsite), do I park in the parking lot with tram service to the starting line?

The only parking option on race day is Mickey & Friends structure. Everyone will walk to the starting area, which is near the Disneyland Hotel.

Buttercup
01-13-2017, 08:58 PM
HEY EVERYBODY! If you're in the area and want to join us we will be getting together for an informal meet at the Hearthstone Lounge (inside Grand Californian) on Saturday evening at 7:00pm.
Pop by!

magicofdisney
01-18-2017, 09:09 AM
I want to say, "Thanks!" to everyone that came. Even though I only got to see and hang out with a few of you, just before the 5K, it was wonderful having the support you provide.

I have a special thanks for Natalie and her son for running with me (or me with them ;-)) during the 5K.

This was my first ever run and now I know why people do it! I hope to do this again with #runICOT!

badkitty
01-19-2017, 12:19 PM
It was great fun seeing you, Genna, at the 5K! Congratulations to you!

Ian
01-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Had a great time seeing all my INTERCOT peeps ... if you haven't yet and are interested in coming out to do #CheerICOT some day I highly recommend it!

Yungbuck73
01-20-2017, 11:47 PM
i want to thank everyone for making this trip such an enjoyable one. To echo Ian's sentiment about #cheerICOT, I never thought that getting up so early on vacation to cheer a few people we know and THOUSANDS of strangers would be "FUN" but I was wrong. It is one of the most enjoyable things to do. I have said this many times before but a HUGE thank you to John for setting this site up. I have made many people I now call dear friends through this site and hope to meet many more. Ok enough of me getting all mushy. See you all real soon!!!

badkitty
01-22-2017, 02:46 PM
As one of the racers, it is always a thrill to see the #cheerICOT team. Thank you all for being there and for your cheers of encouragement. Love you all my dear friends!

BrerGnat
01-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Thanks for another great #runICOT weekend everyone! Loved hi-fiving the cheer squad during the 5k! Had a great time at the Hearthstone meet chatting with everyone and closing out Disneyland that night with Ian and Cheryl! Fun times!

My husband was appreciative of the #CheerICOT team on the mornings of the 10k and Half and loved seeing their enthusiasm on the course.

I'm so glad we FINALLY did an official Disneyland ICOT event. Although not as big as the WDW events, it was intimate and delightful, just like Disneyland itself. It was wonderful to see everyone and I hope this is the first of many Disneyland ICOT meets!

BrerGnat
01-23-2017, 02:03 PM
I want to say, "Thanks!" to everyone that came. Even though I only got to see and hang out with a few of you, just before the 5K, it was wonderful having the support you provide.

I have a special thanks for Natalie and her son for running with me (or me with them ;-)) during the 5K.

This was my first ever run and now I know why people do it! I hope to do this again with #runICOT!

You're so welcome Genna! It was so great to meet you and chat along the 5k. Congratulations on your first Run Disney race! I hope to see you at more in the future!