PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the podcasts?

roma1625
12-14-2016, 06:22 AM
Just wondering what happened to the podcasts. I love listening to them and would hate to think you're not doing them anymore. There hasn't been one in well over two months.

Thanks!

John
12-14-2016, 08:06 AM
First of all... thanks for asking and caring :)

We're not done with doing them - I'm just in the throws of moving. Literally right after we taped the last one (which hasn't been released yet), our house sold. Then we had to find a new house, pack up everything and leave in about 38 days. This meant dismantling most of the equipment and such. Good news is we settle on our new home tomorrow, and I can get things set up again - so we can push the one we already have taped out the door.

I have my fingers crossed we'll also somehow be able to tape one before the new year as well.

Stay tuned...

roma1625
12-14-2016, 09:16 AM
First of all... thanks for asking and caring :)

We're not done with doing them - I'm just in the throws of moving. Literally right after we taped the last one (which hasn't been released yet), our house sold. Then we had to find a new house, pack up everything and leave in about 38 days. This meant dismantling most of the equipment and such. Good news is we settle on our new home tomorrow, and I can get things set up again - so we can push the one we already have taped out the door.

I have my fingers crossed we'll also somehow be able to tape one before the new year as well.

Stay tuned...

Thanks! I knew something had to be up. Looking forward to the next one with great anticipation.

PopPhan
12-14-2016, 10:59 AM
Congratulations on the new digs, John! An unexpected Christmas present for yourself and your family. Take your time to get settled and comfortable. We will all be here (waiting with bated breath) for the next edition of the podcast.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

brad192
12-14-2016, 07:16 PM
HAH! I was wondering as well! No worries - there are priorities in life which one must deal with. :)

Speaking of dealing with...You never know how much junk you have until you have to move it. Right John? ;)

Buttercup
01-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Sooo... looks like there was a snafu when John moved. The podcast we recorded before he moved was eaten by evil computer demons. Poor John. BUT GUESS WHAT?! We're recording a new one tomorrow night! Yay!

Is there anything you'd like us to ramble on about? Weather? Sports? Possibly Disney related stuff? :mickey:

Fusillejerry
01-04-2017, 07:16 PM
I figured it was because of the move. Glad to hear you're settling in John and that some new episodes are on their way. I've missed hearing my favorite Disney crew.

BriarRose0708
01-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Another podcast lost to the void, lol! I'd like to hear about anyone's recent trips, what's new and what's missing. Also I am sure you will all discuss the new VIP bus service, very interested in hearing what your opinions are!

Happy new year everyone!

John
01-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Another podcast lost to the void, lol! I'd like to hear about anyone's recent trips, what's new and what's missing. Also I am sure you will all discuss the new VIP bus service, very interested in hearing what your opinions are!

Happy new year everyone!

Yeah, I'm kinda sick about it. It's happened 3x in the many years we have been doing this. I really need to find a more reliable podcast skype recorder - though I swore that this got recorded... but can't for the life of me find where it might have went. Sigh.

mjm
01-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Well... first, glad the move is done and congratulations! Second, hope you get rid of the skype demons.

Suggestions: Over the years, you've all given your opinions (read: kvetched) on various new tech at Disney and other changes, like magic bands, fast passes, crowds, etc. Maybe you could devote a single podcast to each of those topics talking about the history, what went before, when the changes were introduced, experiences, have things gotten better.

John
01-11-2017, 11:07 PM
We're baaaaaaaaack.