PDA

View Full Version : ADRs booked today, trying out some new places

savafan
12-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Today was my 180 day mark, so I got online at 6:00 AM this morning to book our ADRs for our upcoming trip in June. This will be my stepkids' first ever visit to WDW, so I made sure to get the favorites that I'm sure they're going to love, 'Ohana, Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, and the Sci Fi Café, but I also booked 8 new restaurants that I've never been to before, so I'm curious about others' thoughts on these:

BREAKFAST
Chef Mickey's
Cape May Café
Crystal Palace

LUNCH
Chefs de France
Yak & Yeti
Biergarten
Liberty Tree Tavern

DINNER
Boma

Zippy 1
12-13-2016, 12:00 PM
We have been to Chef Mickey's mulitple times and loved it. Cape May Cafe is one of our favorites - guess it helps that my daughter works there. Crystal Palace is your standard buffet but fun interaction with Pooh and Friends. Liberty Tree Tavern another that we have been to mulitple times. We enjoy it there. Looks like you have some great choices

JanetMegan
12-13-2016, 02:31 PM
I'm trying Biergarten for lunch this week for the first time-I'll let you know!

Basket Mommy
12-13-2016, 05:33 PM
I also booked 8 new restaurants that I've never been to before, so I'm curious about others' thoughts on these:

BREAKFAST
Chef Mickey's

I have been to Chef Mickey's twice. Once when I had just 2 children and they were 4 and 1. I took MIL, Mom & sister with me. I wasn't impressed. It was LOUD, took a very long time to see the characters, and the buffet was always crowded. The problem was that adults were letting their little kids go up to the buffet and serve themselves, which was making a mess and taking forever. I waited a very long time to return. I went back in August with my now 18 year-old daughter (who was 4 the last time we went). Even with ADRs and an arrival about 15 minutes before our time, we still waiting a long time to be seated. All these years later the same problems that had kept me away from Chef Mickey's were still there. For breakfast, I just wasn't crazy about it. I know so many people love CM's, but I don't think I'll go back again.

Cape May Café

For breakfast, it's pretty good. Same old breakfast fare. The characters are great, and I love the Beach Club. We usually do this one if we're staying at Beach Club or Boardwalk.

Crystal Palace

CP is my favorite restaurant in Magic Kingdom. Other people love CRT, but CP is where it's at. Again, breakfast is breakfast, but I love the setting of CP and the characters. Lunch there is my absolute fave, but b'fast is good, too.

LUNCH

Chefs de France

This is pretty good. My kids like it. I've eaten there a couple of times for lunch, and the prix fixe menu is a pretty good deal.

Yak & Yeti
One of the very few restaurants in WDW I've never tried! We love Tusker House so much that we never make it to Y&Y. I'm taking my 16 YO son in March, and I'm excited!

Biergarten

LOVE LOVE LOVE Biergarten. One of my family's faves. We love German food. The kids eat a ton of pretzel bread when we go.

Liberty Tree Tavern

We love the dinner at LTT, so we never ate lunch there. Now that they're serving the family style meal at lunch that they've served at dinner for years, we will be going for lunch more!

DINNER

Boma

Dinner at Boma is outstanding. I love everything on the bar. One of the best buffets in Disney. Worth the trip over there when we don't stay at AKL.

#1donaldfan
12-13-2016, 08:03 PM
BREAKFAST
Chef Mickey's === not worth the insanity ... I prefer Tusker House for the same interaction
Cape May Café ==== LOVE LOVE LOVE IT for dinner !!
Crystal Palace === not bad, not my first choice tho

LUNCH
Chefs de France == never tried it
Yak & Yeti == Very good !!
Biergarten === INCREDIBLE
Liberty Tree Tavern === Very good

DINNER
Boma === AWESOME for both breakfast and dinner !!! It's one of our "must-do's"

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
12-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Chef Mickey's - Great if you are a kid.
Chefs de France - Very Good, been there several times over the years.
Biergarten - Good music, food is pretty good as well. Really enjoyed the one time I went.

savafan
12-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Chef Mickey's - Great if you are a kid.

Oh, that's 105% for the kids.

CynBeth
12-17-2016, 06:33 PM
Today was my 180 day mark, so I got online at 6:00 AM this morning to book our ADRs for our upcoming trip in June. This will be my stepkids' first ever visit to WDW, so I made sure to get the favorites that I'm sure they're going to love, 'Ohana, Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, and the Sci Fi Café, but I also booked 8 new restaurants that I've never been to before, so I'm curious about others' thoughts on these:

BREAKFAST
Chef Mickey's
Cape May Café
Crystal Palace

LUNCH
Chefs de France
Yak & Yeti
Biergarten
Liberty Tree Tavern

DINNER
Boma

We just tried Cape May for breakfast last week and loved it! They have a crepe station and a lot of variety. We also really enjoy CP breakfast.

We just did LTT for lunch last week and only got the salad and OGTC but a lot of tables around us did the AYCE and the food looked great. Have never done Chefs for lunch only dinner but really enjoy it.

We love dinner at Boma!

mydisneygirls
12-20-2016, 12:27 PM
We don't eat breakfast at sit downs. It's way overpriced. But for dinner, Cape May is one of my favorite buffets. Like Chef Mickey's but don't care for Crystal Palace. Biergarten - we didn't care for this food at all. Found everything to have a very heavy vinegar taste to it so it wasn't to our liking. Also, the German meatloaf was nothing more than bologna shaped like a meatloaf. We won't go back. Also (I'm in the minority) but didn't see what all the hype is about at Boma. We went once. I found other places to be better. Liberty Tree went once and Chef de France twice but haven't gone back.

I hope you have a wonderful time and your stepkids enjoy their first visit!

ThanxForNoticin
12-20-2016, 04:25 PM
We can really only speak to 4 of the restaurants on your list. We're not huge fans of Chef Mickey's - but understand the draw for the kids with the characters. But the food seems pretty mediocre and expensive.

However, Cape May Cafe (especially for breakfast) is excellent. And lunch at Yak & Yeti and dinner at Boma are 2 stops we make as often as possible - among our favorites anywhere (not just Disney). We've found the service to be very good at both, and the food options outstanding. The selections at Boma are really nice - and they actually change some of the offerings from night to night - like the soups (which are amazing!).

Enjoy, and have a great trip!