PDA

View Full Version : Large party options

Disneysoccermom
12-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Hi, I am excitedly planning our trip for the end of 2017. Ideally, we will travel with the free dining, in December, but we are very flexible on our dates. I have a couple of questions about lodging...I hope I can get some input.

Which is more expensive- 2 cabins at Ft. Wilderness or 2 bedroom villa at Boardwalk or the 3 bdrm Treehouse?
I was able to price the cabins online, but it appears the mult bdrm locations aren't available or something??? I tried online, looking at every week from Sept - Dec.
Does this sound right or should I call?
Also, what is the likelihood we could get 2 cabins next door to each other?

Ok next question, you know how if a room says max 4, you can also add an infant in a cot? Well, what if you have the max in a room, but 2 infants? Can I just omit the second infants information in order to book online, or is that a big no-no? It's obviously not a money thing, since he's free!
It's really only an issue if we go with a villa - we are a party of 8 adults (well, Disney adults lol - us, grandparents and kids 10-15) plus our 2 infants.

VWL Mom
12-06-2016, 05:28 AM
It may be a bit early for the 2 bedrooms to be available online, you could give them a call and see. They normally are not released this early out. The infant will not be on a cot but rather a pack and play that you'll find in the closet. If you have 8 plus 2 infants you're limited to those which list 9 adults, Boardwalk happens to be one of them. They set-up there is lock-off style which means the second bedroom is actually a studio and will have one queen bed and one queen sleeper in it. Honestly though, IMO, the 2 bedroom for 8 actual adults is going to be tight.

In looking at the 2017 rate sheets I was able to find, 2 cabins in early Dec will run about $850 while the 2 bedroom will be about $1100.

Speedy1998
12-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Have you considered renting a house offsite? I just stayed in a 3 bed 3 bath town house for $500 less than I could have gotten 2 rooms at a value resort for.

Disneysoccermom
12-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks for or the input!!
We really love staying onsite, it's a major factor for us, so I have never even considered off site...maybe worth a look.

Starting to reconsider my current options...we don't need a kitchen area so maybe 2 or 3 adjoining rooms would be better?
I don't know, I've decided on this trip we will focus on doing mostly new things (we tend to eat at the same places, etc.) maybe we'll stay somewhere new lol

Polynesian Dweller
12-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Nobody's answering your last question about the second infant. It is a big no-no. You're right it's not about the money but it is about fire codes and what they allow as maximum occupancy. The code does allow one infant but not two. It's all about how many persons can be evacuated in the case of emergency within a maximum period of time usually 90 seconds.

As a hotelier I can tell you that if someone is found to have not declared all parties there are really only two options for the hotel. One, make you pay for a second room or ask you to leave. There is no option for the hotel to ignore the situation. So, it's best to book the necessary room size or number of rooms required for your party.

Disneysoccermom
12-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks...I didn't really see how it could affect the hotel, but that makes sense. We are now leaning towards multiple rooms. I know we'll appreciate the extra space!

Speedy1998
12-07-2016, 12:20 PM
We really love staying onsite, it's a major factor for us, so I have never even considered off site...

That used to be me. Then in 2012 I was convinced to try a condo about 2 miles from Disney. Since then we have done five trips where we stayed offsite.