PDA

View Full Version : Express Transportation

baldburke
12-02-2016, 01:18 PM
For $15 per day or $24 multi-day you'll be able to get speedy, in-park and site-to-site transportation. I wonder if it's worth it? We rarely go from park to park. Rather it's typically park, resort and rest then park. I'll tell you want I would pay for is full day, unlimited FP+.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/bus-transportation/news/02dec2016-disney-introducing-express-transportation-ticket-option.htm

VWL Mom
12-02-2016, 03:39 PM
The multi-day is not a bad deal if you hop a lot but since we don't I''m out. I wonder if the pick up spots are also the drop off spots with private entrances?

Zippy 1
12-02-2016, 03:59 PM
I like the multi day idea but since it is not available to annual passholders or cast members I won't be using it

eam
12-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I can't see using it. For a family of 4, that's $60.00, and that seems like a lot of money. I'm at Disney, I can rush at home. Too many cash grabs popping up.

Simba's Mom
12-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Transportation strikes me as a basic thing, and when Disney starts charging for 2 "levels", it bothers me a little. Somehow it seems different from Cabanas, Tour Guides, and Behind-the-Scenes Tours.

MrPeetrie
12-04-2016, 01:45 PM
My fear is: the free service will suffer or be diminished slightly, pushing guests toward the pay service.

BriarRose0708
12-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Transportation strikes me as a basic thing, and when Disney starts charging for 2 "levels", it bothers me a little. Somehow it seems different from Cabanas, Tour Guides, and Behind-the-Scenes Tours.

Completely agree. Instead of making improvements to something that they should be providing well in the first place, they offer this. It makes me angry!

#1donaldfan
12-05-2016, 12:51 PM
It will not be long until we have to use tokens to get on a bus, tokens purchased at a premium, I'm sure ..... I guess Disney does not make enough money ....

jclightchasr
12-08-2016, 11:51 PM
I think there will be too high of a demand as the pricing for 7 days seems very reasonable to me
I would like to know if the drop off points are same as pick up. The flyer
I saw on FB implied this as it stated bypassing the traditional entrance
Another plus especially if it hot, busy and there's a long bag check line.

LVT
12-19-2016, 05:24 PM
This reminds me of the Harry Potter park to park train. You are checked in thru to the train and wait in a long line to get to the other park.

Daisy'sMom
12-19-2016, 06:22 PM
What's next? I'm waiting for coin slots in the restrooms. Disney will soon be only for the elite. I imagine we will hear Mickey saying, 'let them eat cake'. They are working overtime to outprice middle class families. A ticket will soon cover entrance to the parks, not the attractions. That will be separate. If you are quiet, you can hear Walt moaning from his grave.

disney4life
12-20-2016, 02:28 AM
Granted, it's been a few years since I last went, but the transportation seemed pretty good, especially for it being included in the cost of everything. Unfortunately, this seems like a money grab that as long as they don't outprice themselves, will make you have to choose between long waits for the free transportation and paying extra for the level of service that used to be free. Hopefully I'm just being overly negative though and this new express service has no impact on the current transportation offering

ThanxForNoticin
12-20-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure why this new transportation system is so troubling to folks. There are a few new things talked about out here that have people complaining about the "money grab". The express transportation (for a fee) between parks, and the new cabanas at the Magic Kingdom (for a LARGE fee!) are just 2. I don't know why it's upsetting to folks - neither is going to impact my vacation in the least! I don't plan to pay for either - but they're not taking anything away from me either. In fact, maybe it'll make the regular bus ride just a bit easier if a few others take the express!