PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ With Older Tix

disneyorvegas
11-02-2016, 08:20 PM
I should know this, it may be a basic question but we haven't utilized FastPass+ before so I have to ask. We have tix that we purchased a little over two years ago. I registered them on the My Disney Experience app and we have made several FastPass+ reservations plus dinner reservations. How does that information now get associated with our tickets at the park so we can get our fast pass at the allotted time? I should know this, but I just want to make sure I have this straight before we hit the parks in a couple days. Thank you in advance.

BadBoyBill
11-02-2016, 08:21 PM
It is all tied together in the my Disney experience app or website. All of your tickets reservations and fast passes etc. should all show up on the app or the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

disneyorvegas
11-02-2016, 08:41 PM
It is all tied together in the my Disney experience app or website. All of your tickets reservations and fast passes etc. should all show up on the app or the website.

But what do We do when we get to the attraction in order to get in the fastpass queue. Normally if you go to a kiosk you would have a paper fastpass ticket. Do we scan our park tickets at the attraction to get in the fastpass queue with our fastpass+ reservations?

BadBoyBill
11-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Your Magic Band or ticket is tied into it. They scan your band or ticket. You can buy a band and link it to your account or just use your ticket.

disneyorvegas
11-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Okay, thank you!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Can I clarify/ask something - will you have a Magic Band for this trip? I'm wondering if 2 years is long enough ago that you may have to convert "paper" tickets to an RF ticket card that will work at the attractions.

If you have a MB, then all is good. The MB will access your MDE information, and you "tap" on at the ride. If you don't, you use your ticket, but it needs to be a "new" ticket, old ones (that are just "paper") don't have the RF chip for the "tapping" and would need to be switched out at Guest Relations.

disneyorvegas
11-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Can I clarify/ask something - will you have a Magic Band for this trip? I'm wondering if 2 years is long enough ago that you may have to convert "paper" tickets to an RF ticket card that will work at the attractions.

If you have a MB, then all is good. The MB will access your MDE information, and you "tap" on at the ride. If you don't, you use your ticket, but it needs to be a "new" ticket, old ones (that are just "paper") don't have the RF chip for the "tapping" and would need to be switched out at Guest Relations.

Thank you, I checked again, we don't have Magic Bands, staying at timeshare. I bought the tix at AAA and they are actually dated Oct 2013, however they are not paper tix, they are the credit card type. So we should be good to go then correct? Just scan those cards at the ride?

1DisneyNut
11-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Thank you, I checked again, we don't have Magic Bands, staying at timeshare. I bought the tix at AAA and they are actually dated Oct 2013, however they are not paper tix, they are the credit card type. So we should be good to go then correct? Just scan those cards at the ride?

2013 is when they switched to RFID chipped ticket cards. I am not sure when AAA started issuing the ones with the chip but being dated October, I would lean toward them probably having them but not sure. I can't remember if the cards say anything about RFID on the back or not but you could try reading the back to see. Otherwise, I would call guest services and ask them if they could tell me. Either way, you can go to guest services when you arrive and they will swap them out for RFID cards if necessary but you would have to link those cards to your MDE account real quick to use them.

disneyorvegas
11-04-2016, 10:33 AM
2013 is when they switched to RFID chipped ticket cards. I am not sure when AAA started issuing the ones with the chip but being dated October, I would lean toward them probably having them but not sure. I can't remember if the cards say anything about RFID on the back or not but you could try reading the back to see. Otherwise, I would call guest services and ask them if they could tell me. Either way, you can go to guest services when you arrive and they will swap them out for RFID cards if necessary but you would have to link those cards to your MDE account real quick to use them.

Okay, I got a little worried because I bought these tix in 2014, I didn't realize they were dated 2013. I got out my reading glasses and looked at the back of one of the tickets and read the really small print. The very last sentence states "this card interacts with radio frequency technology". So thank you, we're heading out tomorrow and After using the mobile app for reservations etc. I wanted to make we were good to go. I'm usually up on this stuff but we haven't been to WDW in a few years. PSYCHED!!! (Although not psyched about Dinosaur, Thunder Mtn. And Rockin Roller Coaster being worked on).