PDA

View Full Version : 6 year old picky eater

ransam
10-28-2016, 01:02 PM
My son is a pretty picky eater.
we are going w/ a group of 8--10 next june, and we can't just plan everyone's dinner/lunch around my son.
So will they allow us to bring in food for my son? He loves fruit/fries/yogurt/vegetables. will they let us go to a fruit stand or something and bring that into the resturant?

Thanks.

Arielfan98
10-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Yes! You are allowed to bring food into the parks. They just don't allow glass containers. As far as sit-down restaurants go, they will always accommodate. Just tell your server what your son likes (plain pasta, salad, chicken fingers, etc.) they will make it.

rwdavis2
10-31-2016, 02:54 PM
Yes! You are allowed to bring food into the parks. They just don't allow glass containers. As far as sit-down restaurants go, they will always accommodate. Just tell your server what your son likes (plain pasta, salad, chicken fingers, etc.) they will make it.

Not all restaurants can make these things. If they don't have the ingredients then you may be out of luck. Don't assume that they will. I assume you've checked all the kids menus.

Arielfan98
10-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Not all restaurants can make these things. If they don't have the ingredients then you may be out of luck. Don't assume that they will. I assume you've checked all the kids menus.

Every restaurant will have the basic staple of pasta, lettuce, and some sort of meat. Most kids menus reflect this. Just like if you go to any restaurant in the world, you most likely can ask for something simple like plain pasta or grilled chicken breast. My recommendation would be to call ahead and ask, but I'm pretty certain they will.

texas211
10-31-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm an adult and a picky eater. You can those things everywhere. Exception, I've never tried that at the sushi place as I only get sushi. Maybe I'm not that picky.. I am asian though..

SBETigg
10-31-2016, 08:40 PM
It could be a good time to urge your son to expand his horizons? Instead of bringing something in, why not strike a bargain? Maybe ask that he tries something off the menu at the restaurant with the caveat that if he doesn't like it, you'll get him something more to his liking afterwards? Most of the time, my picky eater ended up actually liking what she ordered and it was a good way to end the pickiness.

But I understand that it might not be the time to get adventurous if traveling in a group. In which case, yes, they are usually pretty accommodating at restaurants. I think it's rude to bring in outside food, but they are really good about making something that would cater to special requirements, and they probably wouldn't scoff at outside food, either, under the circumstance.

deedee73
11-01-2016, 10:49 AM
I have traveled to the World since being a baby and I was and still am a very picky eater. If you explain what you need to the CM I am confident that the chef will gladly put together a plate for him. Disney is all about being kid friendly and I have never had any issues. And while I have personally seen food specially prepend the hardest locations would be one of the dinner shows or cuisine specific such as sushi. Buffets would of course have the most staple options for him but as long as you see the ingredients paired in other meals I am sure it could be made plain or simplified.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ransam
11-01-2016, 11:25 AM
It could be a good time to urge your son to expand his horizons? Instead of bringing something in, why not strike a bargain? Maybe ask that he tries something off the menu at the restaurant with the caveat that if he doesn't like it, you'll get him something more to his liking afterwards? Most of the time, my picky eater ended up actually liking what she ordered and it was a good way to end the pickiness.

But I understand that it might not be the time to get adventurous if traveling in a group. In which case, yes, they are usually pretty accommodating at restaurants. I think it's rude to bring in outside food, but they are really good about making something that would cater to special requirements, and they probably wouldn't scoff at outside food, either, under the circumstance.

Thanks for the offer, and I agree for the most part. but.

1. he's not afraid to try things, he will try anything, he just knows what he likes. He's hard headed like his mother.
2. I have discovered one thing at WDW, it is not the time or place to bargain, lol.....he gets mad, i get mad, my wife gets mad....lol...

thanks everyone for the suggestions

TheDuckRocks
11-01-2016, 11:51 AM
In recent years the official Disney website has gotten much better. Now under Things To Do, from the tool bar on the top of the opening page, just a click away is "All Dining". There you find all restaurant locations listed. Find the place you are interested in and when you go to it you will now find View Menus. I have been pleasantly surprised to see just how detailed the menus are, including the kids options. As most have posted if they have things listed that your son will eat they will mix and match to get what he would like.