PDA

View Full Version : Entering EPCOT to watch race?

d_m_n_n
10-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Hello!

I will be running the Princess half this year and we are staying at the Boardwalk. Would they allow my husband to enter the park to watch the race before it officially opens? If not, does runDisney provide transportation while the race is still going on for those spectators that don't want to be on the 3:30 am bus?

dnickels
10-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Hello!

I will be running the Princess half this year and we are staying at the Boardwalk. Would they allow my husband to enter the park to watch the race before it officially opens? If not, does runDisney provide transportation while the race is still going on for those spectators that don't want to be on the 3:30 am bus?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure he can't get into Epcot until after the park opens, and of course then he would need to use a ticket. There is viewing inside the Magic Kingdom without requiring a ticket since the runners are through there before the park opens. The RunDisney site seems to indicate this as well.
https://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/spectators/

Keep in mind also that closures can make transportation take longer on race mornings, so if it's really important for your husband to see you race and finish it is probably best for him to be on one of those very early buses.