PDA

View Full Version : First haircut

FenwayGirl
10-17-2016, 08:22 PM
Has anyone had their child's first haircut at the Barber shop in the MK. We have my 5 year old grandson (yup,he really has never had a haircut yet!) scheduled. Wondering about the experience

cspenc28
10-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Has anyone had their child's first haircut at the Barber shop in the MK. We have my 5 year old grandson (yup,he really has never had a haircut yet!) scheduled. Wondering about the experience

My son's first haircut was there. It was a great experience. The barbers were really sweet and patient. They cut a lock of his hair and put it in a little bag for us to keep. They had toys for him to play with to keep himself occupied during his hair cut. Afterwards, he was given a certificate commemorating the occasion and a pair of Mickey ears with First Hair embroidered on the back.

baldburke
10-18-2016, 11:28 AM
We did it for our youngest about 10 years ago when he was coming up on three and it was an awesome once in a lifetime experience. The girls were off doing their Bibiddi Bobiddi thing so we went off to MK for a quick cut. There was no line and we got lots of pictures. If you are a WDW fan then it's really something to treasure forever. Good luck!

mook3y
10-18-2016, 12:30 PM

All 3 of our kids were fortunate enough to get their first haircuts at MK. They are really very good with kids there. Lots of stickers and toys to distract a child with if they are a bit overwhelmed by the haircut.

Our youngest had his done about 4 years ago.

They have wrapped up a lock of hair in tissue with some "Pixie Dust" and seal it with a mickey sticker. We also got certificates with baby Minnie and baby Mickey on it commemorating Baby's first haircut.

We also have Mickey Ears for all 3 kids that have Baby's First Haircut embroidered on them. However, if I remember correctly, they no longer include those ears in the cost of the haircut. Seems to me we had to buy them extra for our youngest.

Also, keep an eye out for the photopass photographer in the area for the character meet and greet. We happened to be at the barber shop in between meet and greets and the photographer came in and took lots of amazing pictures of the "first haircut".

It is a great experience and our kids all love being able to say they got their first haircut there.

mandaep
10-19-2016, 10:32 AM
we had our son's first haircut in 2011 when he was about 14 months and it was one of the greatest experiences we've had in the parks. Penny gave him the cutest cut and he got compliments on it the whole visit. He did not fuss, they did a good job at keeping him occupied. they gave him a mickey hat that said 'first haircut', a certificate, and wrapped a lock of hair. it was only $18 before tip at the time and I'm wondering what it is now. i just thought it was an amazing value and my husband teared up after. my daughter will be 5 next year and i thought bout taking her for her first mini cut just to say she had her first haircut at disney too, and to get a lock wrapped up :). if it's anything now like it was 5 years ago i highly recommend it.

ANG
10-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Our youngest DS had the ft instead haircut there. We loved it. A decent price too since you get the first haircut ears. Just to add to previous posters, the shop is super small. I stood next to him calm nerves while DHL took pictures. Our older kids were crammed on a bench by the window. There were no other chairs. Keep that in mind depending on how large your group is.

FenwayGirl
01-17-2017, 08:51 AM
My younger son's first haircut at the Barber shop in the MK. We stayed absolutely pleased. Surprisingly my son was sitting quite still ang got this haircut:
http://therighthairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/6-cute-and-confident-quiff-for-baby-boys.jpg (http://therighthairstyles.com/baby-boy-haircuts/)

he is the cutest!

deedee73
01-18-2017, 12:55 AM
So cute! Thanks for sharing this special moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

FenwayGirl
02-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Success! Our 5 year old Autistic grandson had NEVER had a haircut! They totally transformed him. We were very pleased with the experience.

Dulcee
02-09-2017, 01:01 PM
We did this with our son on our last trip when he was about 18 months. They were FANTASTIC with him and it was such an awesome experience. And the cost of it was possibly the best priced souvenir we've ever gotten in the parks!