PDA

View Full Version : Life is like a hurricane...

Fangorn
10-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Here in Duckberg (aka Portland)

So last week we're in WDW and added a hurricane to my personal list of natural disasters I've experienced. Said list includes, earthquakes, tornado, forest fires and even a volcanic eruption.

We got home last Saturday, to discover that this weekend ( well Thursday - Tuesday actually) were supposed to have a series of storms come through the Northwest that will rival the winds we had from Matthew last week in Orlando. Expecting 75-100mph wind on the coast (that's hurricane force, but not technically a hurricane since these aren't "tropical" systems. Po-taa-to, po-tah-to). 40-60mph winds in Portland (we're 60mi inland).

Watching Matthew from my room at the Poly was neat. Hunkered down for 6 days at my own house when the power goes out (and it probably will) isn't nearly as interesting. We get these storms often enough that this isn't exactly unusual, but still.

Bother

"Racecars, spaceships, aeroplanes- it's a Duck blur..."

Steve

BriarRose0708
10-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Yikes! Mother nature is one unpredictable lady. I've never experienced anything worse than a freak October blizzard that knocked most of Buffalo out for a week. I hope you stay safe this weekend and sustain little to no damage!

Strmchsr
10-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Ah, so it's your fault! Hurricanes are just following you around the world. :D

Fangorn
10-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Ah, so it's your fault! Hurricanes are just following you around the world. :D

Apparently! :thumbsup:

Steve

brad192
10-14-2016, 10:36 PM
A good friend once told me when I was going thru a rough time in my life - "Your life is an adventure, both good and bad. Embrace every moment and enjoy. You don't get any redo's!" I've tried to live my life with those words in mind. It really helps to mitigate the "bovine leavings" (family website) that happens in everyone's life.

Stay safe.