PDA

View Full Version : Trying Something New

Belle_0717
10-08-2016, 08:50 PM
We are looking to try some different restaurants on our next trip and was looking for feedback on Mama Melrose, Biergarten, Cape May both breakfast and dinner and beaches and cream.

Basket Mommy
10-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Biergarten is one of our family's faves. All four of our kids (ages 12 to 18) like the food there. We're a family of 6, so most of the time we get a table to ourselves, but we have occasionally had to share a table with people. If you don't want to do that, you might not want to eat there. Cape May is a must for my husband every trip. He LOVES the crab legs there. On our trip in May, we stayed at OKW and went to Cape May the day we did Epcot. While we were on the bus back to MK to transfer to the OKW bus, it started pouring rain. We had to walk from one bus stop all the way around to another and got soaked. I asked hubby if it was worth getting caught in the rain just to eat crab legs, and he said, "Absolutely!" My kids also love Cape May dinner, but for the rolls. Go figure! I haven't eaten at Mama Melrose since my 15 YO son was 5. It was decent then. Not my fave, though. At DHS we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE dinner at Hollywood & Vine. It changes seasonally and we love the food there.

TheDuckRocks
10-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Dining at Disney World is one of my favorite things. Last week I took the time to make a chart of all the places we have eaten and rated them on 0 for will never ever will I go back to 10 for love it, love it. Here's the ones on your list and why:
Mama Melrose - 8 We eat here often on our Studio days, but I do have to admit that if there were better selections that would probably change.
Biergarten - 2 Sadly my grandmother was the best German cook in the world and no place is as good as hers was. That said I have eaten at German restaurants from Hawaii to New York and many places in between and Biergarten has got to the worst I've ever had. The reason I gave it a 2 is the atmosphere is really neat.
Cape May Cafe - 5 A few years ago I would have given this one a higher grade. Right now I don't feel the price warrants the value. But if you are on a Dining Plan I'd go for it. I like breakfast there better than dinner, but I've found this true for me on all the buffets that we have gone to at Disney.
Beaches 'n Cream - 5 Big disappointment!!! The food was OK. I sent back my ice cream soda. What sent back ice cream? Yeah, it was that bad. And it's very LOUD in there.
This is just MHO. My best advice is go and try new places, your experiences and what you like maybe vastly different than mine.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2016, 06:44 AM
It's been some time since we ate at Mama Melrose's if I recall it was okay nothing special. We really enjoyed Biergarten mostly for the atmosphere but the food was good too. We were disappointed with the Cape May dinner, we thought it was kind of a poor selection and kind of bland. We've never eaten at Beaches and Cream but have heard the burgers and onion rings are good.

Tink1
10-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Biergarten - 2 Sadly my grandmother was the best German cook in the world and no place is as good as hers was. That said I have eaten at German restaurants from Hawaii to New York and many places in between and Biergarten has got to the worst I've ever had. The reason I gave it a 2 is the atmosphere is really neat..

I thought I was alone in this feeling! Everyone I know loves Biergarten. However, my German grandmother was the best German cook in the world. Bertha's sauerbrauten was the best ever.

I think for those that did not grow up with "real" German food, Biergarten is fine. For those that grew up with it at home, it is a completely different experience.

I do love the atmosphere

Nanc

TheDuckRocks
10-10-2016, 10:27 AM
However, my German grandmother was the best German cook in the world. Betha's sauerbrauten was the best ever.

Nanc

Wow, maybe we're cousins.;)

#1donaldfan
10-11-2016, 01:53 PM
We were not overly impressed with Mama's but the rest of your line-up we LOVE !!! Biergarten is a fun place with very good food and the beer is endless !! Cape May is our must-do each trip for dinner, I can't think of a single thing negative to say about the place. Beaches n Cream is great for a snack and lunch is not so bad. The burgers are incredible. We did the Kitchen Sink once .... ONCE !! Whew, what a mess, but so goooood !!!!

SBETigg
10-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Biergarten, not a favorite for me, but it's not bad. Fun atmosphere with the band playing, and I'm in the school of "try everything once." It's a buffet, so even when you don't love everything, you can usually find something. My favorite here was dessert, apple strudel and black forest cake.

disney1026
10-21-2016, 04:39 PM
My family really enjoys eating at Biergarten. The food is fabulous. Even my sister who isn't big into buffets thinks it is good food. The entertainment is excellent and never disappoints. I highly recommend trying this restaurant. If you are a beer drinker, it's the place to go!!

Mickeydream
10-22-2016, 03:19 PM
We have reservations for Biergarten for our trip next month. We have eaten there before and enjoyed the food. And as everyone says-the entertainment is great. :thumbsup: