PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break

disney1026
10-07-2016, 03:37 PM
My family has not visited during Spring Break. I have a trip planned for the last week of March 2017. We are not big on crowds, but now that our kids are school age we don't want them to miss 1.5 weeks of school. I have 2 questions:
1. How bad is it during Spring Break?
2. We do the dining plan, and I thought doing our table service meal in the afternoons may be a way to avoid the worst of crowds, as nights seem to have lower lines. Your thoughts?

faline
10-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Spring break has its ups and downs. What crowds you experience will depend upon how many schools on break there are at that point in time and how many of those spring breakers decide to head to Disney World. You might hit a slower week and a higher volume week - no way to tell.

Speedy1998
10-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Something else that you may consider, is that a lot of the spring break crowd is college kids. They tend to arrive in the park later and stick to the thrill rides.

JanetMegan
10-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Also one thing to consider this year is that Easter is very late. Most Spring Breaks around here are early April. College Spring Breaks will be early March. I actually booked a mid-March trip thinking it might not be too bad, you might luck out with Easter being so late this year!

busterthebronco
10-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Easter and Metro area breaks.

We go every Spring Break and it can be no big deal or a mess.

Easter is the biggest deal. If your trip is far enough away, calendar wise, you'll probably be good.

The other factor is avoiding big school system's Spring Break (New York, Orlando, etc.) which is very hard to figure.

LVT
10-15-2016, 12:27 PM
We did that when we were spring break parents. I liked eating a bit early. 1. the time difference made my stomach unhappy and 2. park time afterwords and some great midnight snacks

baldburke
10-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Also one thing to consider this year is that Easter is very late. Most Spring Breaks around here are early April. College Spring Breaks will be early March. I actually booked a mid-March trip thinking it might not be too bad, you might luck out with Easter being so late this year!

That was my question as well. Is Easter break and spring break the same thing? A number of schools (high school and lower) now have their spring breaks separate from Easter. I'm now hearing that a number of colleges aim to have their spring breaks over St. Pat's week as to avoid shenanigans (no pun intended). We went the week after Easter when Easter was in early April and overall had a fantastic time. Basically it was mid-April. The early part of the week was great because everyone from the Easter holiday rush was gone. During the later part of the week we did see some higher crowds from school trips, but it wasn't enough to slow us down. Good luck!

JanetMegan
10-17-2016, 11:11 AM
That was my question as well. Is Easter break and spring break the same thing? A number of schools (high school and lower) now have their spring breaks separate from Easter. I'm now hearing that a number of colleges aim to have their spring breaks over St. Pat's week as to avoid shenanigans (no pun intended). We went the week after Easter when Easter was in early April and overall had a fantastic time. Basically it was mid-April. The early part of the week was great because everyone from the Easter holiday rush was gone. During the later part of the week we did see some higher crowds from school trips, but it wasn't enough to slow us down. Good luck!

Yikes I hope not, I'm booked over St. Patty's Day :)