PDA

View Full Version : "I was there for Matthew" Club

Fangorn
10-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Ok, I'm officially starting the "I was there for Hurricane Matthew" Club for Intercotees who rode out the storm. Who all is here? I know Isabella (that would be DW) is here, and I've heard from VWL Mom.

So who else is here?

I'm thinking we need buttons or at least our own official Intercot icon or title. :thumbsup:

Steve

faline
10-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Well, I just missed being part of the club. We left on Tuesday. Things just worked out that way - we didn't change our plans in any way.

vilewmn
10-07-2016, 08:51 PM
I seldom post, but Intercot is my home away from Disney home. I'd love to join the club. We were supposed to leave on WL on Thursday, but Amtrak cancelled our train. After two days of trying, we finally scored a room at POR. This is our second hurricane experience here and are, again, impressed with the emergency procedures. The CMs have been awesome. Walt Disney felt that it is the people that make Disney magic. Seeing WDW parks & The Springs with few to NO people (CMs or Guests) has made me a true believer in his philosophy. The locations seemed lifeless. So glad that tomorrow is back to usual operations and that the storm decided go a bit more east.

Fangorn
10-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the club!

Steve

joanna71985
10-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Does living in Orlando count?

ck32250
10-08-2016, 09:42 PM
We were (are) here for hurricane Matthew evac. Did whispering canyon for dinner last night and was really impressed- they had all sorts of games out and a country bears dance party about every 45 mins in the lobby with them visiting the tables in between.