PDA

View Full Version : hurricane

sorcerer fan
10-07-2016, 11:00 AM
OK,now they have everyone sequestered in their resorts , what are they doing to keep workers there to keep the food and cleaning staff going. and do the animals in animal kingdom have buildings to hide in? It must be one heck of a job keeping things going during a storm and keep everyone safe! places like CB and riverside and French Quarter, you have to walk to the food court. could be very dangerous!

faline
10-07-2016, 11:21 AM
There are provisions for the animals to be sheltered during this type of an event.

When storms like this hit, guests who are in buildings away from food courts/dining are typically given an opportunity to stock up on sandwiches etc to tide them through the time they must remain in their rooms. They can't go out of doors to walk to restaurants, etc.

Disney does bring in additional workers who remain at the resort(s) for the duration of the storm but I suspect that typical routines such as daily housekeeping do not occur until the storm has ended.

sorcerer fan
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM
thanks Faline
I feel sorry for anyone whos down there and caught in the storm. would be a real bummer.

Speedy1998
10-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Most of the animals have indoor enclosures that they are trained to go into every evening.

Fish (obviously) and I think the crocodiles are an exception to that, but they should be safe enough in their habitat.

Zippy 1
10-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Disney brought in extra cast members to take care of all things Disney during the storm. These cast members stay at their location until the storm is over. They are in all the resorts and in all the parks

ck32250
10-08-2016, 10:00 PM
A cast member today described it as a "ride out crew" that was volunteer based and said they had plenty of CMs to handle additional needs of guests and facilities during the storm.

disney obsessed
10-08-2016, 10:29 PM
I was watching you tube and several videos had shown lines at pop century starting in the cafeteria and winding throughout the resort check in and almost out the main doors! 1-1/2 -2 hr waits for food!