PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Twilight Feast

Fangorn
10-06-2016, 05:37 PM
So we're at the Poly, hunkered down watching the first really serious rain from Matthew hit. In preparation, we H ad earlier ordered the Polynesian Twilight Feast from in- room dining. This is basically 'O'Hara in all its goodness - complete with bread pudding (but without the ice cream). We only ordered for 1 adult and 1 child, figuring that would be enough for the two of us, and have some leftovers to consume tomorrow during the height of the hurricane.

Ordered it to be delivered about 4:30 (they closed at 5). It arrived a bit ago, and my gosh, they gave us enough food for 4-5 people. Said they wanted to make sure we had plenty of food to ride out the storm. Dinner was excellent, and not having to deal with the noise of 'Ohana was a plus ;).

If it hadn't been for Matthew, probably would never even known this meal was available. Yum! Point being, good things can come out of bad situations.

Steve

faline
10-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Stay safe, Steve!!!

Fangorn
10-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Thanks Linda!

Steve

buzznwoodysmom
10-06-2016, 08:17 PM
So funny you posted this! We switched our next year's reservation from BLT to the Poly yesterday. Today I spent some time looking over dining options at the Polynesian since there are a few new places since we last stayed there. I saw the Polynesian twilight feast and thought it would be awesome to order either if staying in a bungalow or during unexpected bad weather! Glad to hear it turned out great for y'all. Not a bad way to ride out the storm!