PDA

View Full Version : Disney Culinary Program

missymouseworld
09-28-2016, 07:23 PM
Was wondering if anyone here participated in the Disney Culinary Program (specifically baking/pastry:chef: )? Or your children? Any info about process?

Zippy 1
09-29-2016, 06:39 PM
My daughter is currently in the culinary program. She has only worked in the Bakeries a few times. She is mainly in Cape May Cafe. She has been there since June 20th. What would you like to know?

missymouseworld
09-30-2016, 09:52 AM
That is great.....is she enjoying the program? ....and how are the hours? .....what type of work at the Cape May Café and which bakeries did they place her? Is she baking product or decorating?

We were looking into the program and researched the site and some blogs, but wanted to see if anyone on here had some work experience.

Zippy 1
09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
She has been enjoying the program. She has learned a lot. The hours are long and hard. At Cape May she has been trained in all stations in the kitchen. Examples being: salad prep, carving,desserts to mention a few. She worked in the bakery at the Yatch and Beach Club. I am not sure what she was doing there. SHe mainly works in the kitchen - she would would love to move over to the bakeries as that is where her heart lies. I know they try to send her over when then can. It is a very intense program. They work them very hard. A good thing! My daughter as grown a great deal since being there. There is a facebook page for parents whose kiddos are in the college proga/culinary program. It is called Diseny College Program Parent Group - To Infinity! And Beyond! It is a wealth of information about all aspects of the programs

missymouseworld
09-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Appreciate the info and website to look at....we will definitely check it out.