PDA

View Full Version : fastpass+ email advisement

drosenbe
09-28-2016, 08:46 AM
We had fastpass+ rezzes for ToT the other day and about 15 minutes before our time our party got an email informing us that ToT was down and that we had the option of using the fastpass any time that day once the ride was up or choose a different experience (we chose RnRCoaster). That was a great time saver (though we did walk to Tot just to make sure that it was really down (it was))

It happened again for the JC at MK and saved us from rushing to get there to make the FP+ time.

When did this start? Its great, but if my son-in-law hadn't been checking his email, I wouldn't have thought to look.

Basket Mommy
09-28-2016, 09:38 AM
That's been a thing for a few years. It shows up on your MDE app, too, so if you log in to see what's next you'll get that message. It's happened to us a couple of times (it rained heavily once and we couldn't do 7DMT, and once Splash was down and we got one of those.) It's only good for a select few rides (we couldn't choose any ride in MK).

Goofy4TheWorld
09-28-2016, 11:28 AM
I normally do not have my phone set to vibrate or ring for emails (only flash the LED), but when I go to Disney I enable both vibrate and ring just so I can get these "ride down" emails.

Disney really needs to enable text notifications for these events, there are still lots of folks who book their FPs at home and still travel with a dumb phone (or a smart phone operated by a "smart-challenged operator"). Texts are far more universally read on mobile phones than email.

waymickey
09-30-2016, 08:05 AM
I normally do not have my phone set to vibrate or ring for emails (only flash the LED), but when I go to Disney I enable both vibrate and ring just so I can get these "ride down" emails.

Disney really needs to enable text notifications for these events, there are still lots of folks who book their FPs at home and still travel with a dumb phone (or a smart phone operated by a "smart-challenged operator"). Texts are far more universally read on mobile phones than email.

I agree I barely look at my phone once I am in the parks. I want to see everything around me and talk with the three D fleshy world. I memorize my fast pass times so there is no need to check it. I only look at the app when I want to change a time or make a new one. Text message alerts would be better because I would look at that to see if it an emergency from home.

VWL Mom
09-30-2016, 08:42 AM
I don't check my emails in the parks and I did get a message so it must have been a text. Maybe because I sign up for text during online checkin?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-30-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm stuck with emails. Disney doesn't text non-US numbers, so us non-US visitors are out of luck ... even when I provide a number, I NEVER hear anything from them.

So, I could think emails AND texts are good, but most people (I hope) aren't that tied to their phones in the parks, even with the app. :)

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2016, 10:26 AM
I don't check my emails in the parks and I did get a message so it must have been a text. Maybe because I sign up for text during online checkin?

I always sign up for and receive a text for my online check-in room assignments, but unless I have overlooked a setting somewhere there is not an option to receive texts for FP+ announcements. It is possible that instead of a text you got a "push notification" from the MDE app itself, which depending on your phone's settings may or may not "ring" or vibrate when the app receives a message for you.