PDA

View Full Version : F&W Question

Lindslou
09-27-2016, 09:33 PM
Hi all,

Apparently there is something called the F&W Festival Tasting Sampler where you can pre-pay for 8 ($59) or 16 ($109) food and beverage entitlements and get a pin in the bargain. Two questions:

1) Is this a good deal? The package with 8 averages $7.37 per item and the 16 is $6.80 per item. Do we think I would average these prices at the kiosks? Factoring in that A) I would likely go for the higher priced items on purpose and B) I buy a lot of alcohol at the F&W (I'm not sure if it's cheaper or more expensive than food on average?)

2) Does anyone know if there are lots of exclusions to this sampler? Meaning higher priced items not included?

Thanks for the help all!

Linda

:mickey:

VWL Mom
09-28-2016, 05:30 AM
The exclusions from last year were: beers larger than 6 oz.; the tasting "flights," such as the wine flights and the beer flights; champagne; and the Artist's Palette, found at the Wine and Cheese Studio.

I had posted in a previous post that IMO if you go for drinks (not wine) and the more expensive food items you'll come out ahead. Mexico, China, and France are just three I can think of off the top of my head that were in the $9-$11 range. (Try the Kung Foo Punch in China, yum).

Imalismom
09-28-2016, 07:08 AM
I would look at the menu's and see what you think you were going to try - then add up those costs. If it turns out in your favor, buy it. For me, it was not a good deal, but I do not drink any of the alcoholic beverages.

Basket Mommy
09-28-2016, 09:42 AM
You also get the lanyard so you can wear the plastic card with tabs around your neck, but you could use the lanyard for pins when you're done. If you factor in the retail cost of the pin + lanyard (roughly $15? - it's a LARGE, heavy pin that requires 2 backs) and subtract that from the cost, I think it's worth it. Take the $109 and subtract $15 and the cost per tab averages out to about $5.88.

Lindslou
09-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys!! This is good feedback. I think I saw that we don't have to use all of the "coupons" on the day of purchase. Anyone know if this is true?

Basket Mommy
09-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks guys!! This is good feedback. I think I saw that we don't have to use all of the "coupons" on the day of purchase. Anyone know if this is true?

I don't believe so. I hope not, because I plan on going to Epcot twice this weekend.

VWL Mom
09-29-2016, 04:26 AM

I was able to find a photo of the lanyard courtesy of EasyWDW that shows the fine print:

all coupons are redeemable starting on the date purchased and expire on November 14, 2016
excludes beers larger than 6 ounces, all tasting flights, all Champagnes, the Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese, and Kurt Russell's GoGi "Tiger" Pinot Noir.

Lindslou
09-29-2016, 08:48 PM
I don't believe so. I hope not, because I plan on going to Epcot twice this weekend.

Hey maybe let me know when you get back? Have a great time!!

Lindslou
09-30-2016, 08:13 PM
I was able to find a photo of the lanyard courtesy of EasyWDW that shows the fine print:

all coupons are redeemable starting on the date purchased and expire on November 14, 2016
excludes beers larger than 6 ounces, all tasting flights, all Champagnes, the Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese, and Kurt Russell's GoGi "Tiger" Pinot Noir.

Thank you!!!

Lindslou
10-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Okay, one more guys. The website says to call to reserve the tasting package but when my friend called they said just to buy one the day off at the park. Anyone know what the process is?

VWL Mom
10-01-2016, 12:57 PM
According to the website (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-festival-tasting-sampler/) you just buy it there.

Purchase the Tasting Samplers at these locations:

The Festival Center
Bridge Kiosk East
Bridge Kiosk West
Canada Festival Emporium
Festival Boutique Kiosk (located between the Japan Pavilion and the Morocco Pavilion)

Basket Mommy
10-01-2016, 03:05 PM
I had a local friend buy mine and mail it to me. I was able to use some tabs for alcohol yesterday, too.

Lindslou
10-02-2016, 07:03 PM
According to the website (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-festival-tasting-sampler/) you just buy it there.

[/LIST]

Thank you! That's easy enough!

Lindslou
10-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I had a local friend buy mine and mail it to me. I was able to use some tabs for alcohol yesterday, too.

Good to know!! Thank you! I hope you had a magical time!!

VWL Mom
10-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Just wanted to update on this, we liked using the card. We ended up getting 2 of the $59 cards since each couple wanted the pin so we ended up paying $118 plus tax. We used the combined 16 tabs on drinks as follows: 8 @ 10.50 = $84 (Dragon Berry @ Refreshment Port, yum!!) ; 4 @ 10.75 = $43 (La Passion Martini Slush @ France) ; 2@ 9.50 = $19 (Frozen Mojito @ Caribbean) and 2 @ 8.75 = $17.50 (Kung Fu Punch @ China) for a total of $163.50 and a savings of $45.50 before tax. We would have saved an additional $11.80 had our husbands listened and used the discounted Disney gift card to pay but instead they used cash, men go figure.

Lindslou
10-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Just wanted to update on this, we liked using the card. We ended up getting 2 of the $59 cards since each couple wanted the pin so we ended up paying $118 plus tax. We used the combined 16 tabs on drinks as follows: 8 @ 10.50 = $84 (Dragon Berry @ Refreshment Port, yum!!) ; 4 @ 10.75 = $43 (La Passion Martini Slush @ France) ; 2@ 9.50 = $19 (Frozen Mojito @ Caribbean) and 2 @ 8.75 = $17.50 (Kung Fu Punch @ China) for a total of $163.50 and a savings of $45.50 before tax. We would have saved an additional $11.80 had our husbands listened and used the discounted Disney gift card to pay but instead they used cash, men go figure.

Thanks Lynn!! This is a really helpful post! I'm going to go for it! One week to go!