PDA

View Full Version : Random Comment about Refill Cups

JanetMegan
09-23-2016, 09:01 AM
This sounds a little random but I just wanted to let you know that the refill cups no longer have handles. I know it seems like a little thing but I love cups with handles and they were extra nice for when you were trying to juggle lots of cups or carrying other items. In fact my brother threw out all his old cups before our trip and was quite bummed the new cups didn't have handles.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-23-2016, 11:15 AM
There seems to be a lot of feedback about the loss of handles, more than they expected, from what I hear.

I was totally delighted to not have handles, since it meant that they would fit in the cupboard and car mug holder better once we got home.

But then, my Mom made a great point - she can't hold a full mug without a handle, it will just slip out of her hand. We hunted, and I think got the LAST handled mug at Fort Wilderness, and she was delighted.

I know it save a penny or a nickel or something per mug, but I think at least one colour should have a handle.

Speedy1998
09-23-2016, 12:49 PM
I know it save a penny or a nickel or something per mug, but I think at least one colour should have a handle.

I would think this was more a style choice as opposed to a money saving choice.

If you look at the popular mugs on the market lately, like Yeti's and the 10 or so knock off brands, none of them have handles.

Personally I stopped using, and then stopped buying the Disney mugs because they did not fit in the cup holder in my car. Even with the style change I doubt I will buy a cup though. Where we drive to Disney we have found it more convenient to bring our own drinks to keep in the room.

Biggeek
09-23-2016, 03:23 PM
What resort are you staying at? We knew for the past couple months that Saratoga Springs has been doing a handleless test, but didn't know it had expanded beyond that.

I very much dislike if they have removed them.. when they disappear there is no way to send the runner to get everyone drinks anymore. You can't carry 3+ without them..

texas211
09-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Good think I pack paracord so I can tie them to my pack.

BrowncatP
09-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Animal Kingdom Lodge is a handle less resort.

Basket Mommy
09-24-2016, 08:27 AM
What resort are you staying at? We knew for the past couple months that Saratoga Springs has been doing a handleless test, but didn't know it had expanded beyond that.

I very much dislike if they have removed them.. when they disappear there is no way to send the runner to get everyone drinks anymore. You can't carry 3+ without them..

Ask for a drink tray to carry multiple cups.

Rumors are that they will continue to carry both styles due to backlash about no handles. My personal theory is that, in true Disney style, they will only keep the handle- less mugs and SELL a handle to those wanting one.

princessgirls
09-26-2016, 09:36 AM
They do fit better in my cabinet, now that I am home, but I hardly used mine. Just didn't feel like carrying it around with me all day if I got a drink on the way to the bus in the morning.

JanetMegan
09-26-2016, 09:51 AM
We were at Wilderness Lodge and they only had ones without the handles.

catasaid
11-02-2016, 01:32 PM
This sounds a little random but I just wanted to let you know that the refill cups no longer have handles. I know it seems like a little thing but I love cups with handles and they were extra nice for when you were trying to juggle lots of cups or carrying other items. In fact my brother threw out all his old cups before our trip and was quite bummed the new cups didn't have handles.

Just back from WDW and on the first day at PO French Quarter, there were only refill cups with no handles. But the next day, mugs with handles began to appear (only red or blue ones) and more started to appear each day in other colors. I heard that they were bringing back the mugs with handles because of all the complaints. Maybe they should continue having both types to please everyone.

buzznwoodysmom
11-02-2016, 01:44 PM
I saw this same post on another site and I can't help but wonder what kinds of cars can't fit the mugs with the handles? All of the vehicles we have had since like 2008 have fit the mugs with handles just fine. I've also taken them with me in other people's cars and have never had a car that one couldn't fit in. This is just something that stands out to me in the comments. LOL.

texas211
11-06-2016, 11:26 AM
They fit fine in our rental Tahoe. I never use mine at home. Too small, and generic for my taste. When at WDW, I wrapped some paracord/thin rope around it to make a handle. Easier to D clip to a bag.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-06-2016, 10:05 PM
I saw this same post on another site and I can't help but wonder what kinds of cars can't fit the mugs with the handles? All of the vehicles we have had since like 2008 have fit the mugs with handles just fine. I've also taken them with me in other people's cars and have never had a car that one couldn't fit in. This is just something that stands out to me in the comments. LOL.

That would be me! Trying to put two mugs into our two mug holders is pretty impossible, they just don't fit with the handles. :) You can kinda jiggle them in, but they aren't stable. So, for that reason only, I liked the ones without the handles. So, in case anyone is interested, my Hyundai doesn't play nice with Disney mugs. I may have to take that into account with the next car I buy. :mickey:

andmomlau
11-15-2016, 03:41 PM
We were surprised when we visited in October to find the new mugs. I actually liked them better because they fit into cup holders or theocrats of book bags....wish they would offer both types!

NewDVCowner
11-15-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure if the no handle thing is happening just at certain resorts or not, but we just were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge last week and all of the mugs there had handles.