PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge Value Studio or Beach Club Studio?

Robbieligh
09-21-2016, 12:46 PM
I was able to reserve a value studio at The Animal Kingdom Lodge for 15 nights the end of April, for my girl friend and me. I have been debating switching to The Beach Club at the 7 month mark. I would have to use 90 more points to switch. Is it worth it to switch to The Beach Club for all of the additional points that I would have to use? I do love AKL lobby and I have stayed in the regular studios and loved it but I also love the Beach Club pool and location but is it worth using this many more points to switch? Please Help me!!!

lawgirl
09-21-2016, 06:20 PM
AKL is hands down my favorite resort, ever. We stayed at Yacht Club which is "attached" to the Beach Club, and I liked it. But the whole time I was wishing I was at the AKL. They have such different atmospheres...which do you think your girlfriend would prefere? Dark and exotic (AKL) or brighter and more upbeat (BC)? And OMG I would be in heaven if I could spend 15 days at AKL. I feel like its more of a destination setting, but if you like the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk, or being within walking distance to Epcot is important, then go with BC. I personally would stick with AKL.

VWL Mom
09-21-2016, 06:27 PM
I've never been a fan of split stays but in this case (15 days) you may want to consider it. After all, you'd have a full week at each resort; one restful and one closer to the night life.

Simba's Mom
09-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Regarding the split, that is a great option. I've split between those two resorts and it's great to do DAK and MK while staying at AKL, then Epcot and DHS from BC. However, if you don't want to split the stay, I'd stay at AKL in the value studio. IMO, the value studios are DVC's "best buy".

WiltonJohn
09-24-2016, 01:18 PM
I'd use the extra points to upgrade the Value Studio to a savannah view studio at AKL.

best,

...............john

ThanxForNoticin
09-27-2016, 12:29 PM
I'd also recommend, if you can work it out, that you try for a split stay. It's not that big a deal to move partway through a trip - and it's like starting your vacation all over again at a new beautiful resort. Then you have a week or so with the BC pool and location, AND you have a week or so with the peaceful feel of AKL! Sounds like an awesome trip!