PDA

View Full Version : Sea Raycer Rentals

LittleSpirit02
09-21-2016, 12:13 PM
Interested in renting a sea raycer over thanksgiving week. Would a reservation be necessary? Also, does anyone know rates and what resorts I can rent one from?

Any info would be great!

Zippy 1
09-22-2016, 03:27 AM
They are no lnger renting the sea raycers

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-22-2016, 10:18 AM
I've never rented anything from Sammy Duval, but the details can be found at:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/personal-watercraft/

When I click through to the Sammy Duval site, it looks like the week after Thanksgiving is booking up (I picked a random day, and there was only one time left), so it would be worth a call, or to book online.

waymickey
09-23-2016, 11:40 AM

WHAT? you can no longer rent a mouse racer????:sob: Why not?
I was there one day in August and only saw jet skis on the lake.

LittleSpirit02
09-25-2016, 02:08 PM
I called and they said you can't reserve them ahead of time but they are 32/ half hour and 45/ hour. Sounds like they can still be rented - just not reserved ahead of time.

texas211
09-30-2016, 09:47 PM
During our fishing excursion, I asked and they said you couldn't rent boats any more. I can say for sure not at Disney Springs, etc. But based on the guides feedback, sounded like they were done.

Polynesian Dweller
10-01-2016, 03:27 PM

Yes you can rent searaycers. I'm sitting on my balcony watching several on the lagoon and they've been coming out of both GF and the Poly. There was s short period after the alligator attack when you couldn't but you sure can now.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-01-2016, 11:24 PM
I called and they said you can't reserve them ahead of time but they are 32/ half hour and 45/ hour. Sounds like they can still be rented - just not reserved ahead of time.

Sounds like the Disney CM wasn't quite up to date. The Disney site says that reservations can be made
and are highly recommended, online at sammyduvall.com or call (407) 939-0754.

buzznwoodysmom
10-12-2016, 11:40 AM
We have rented sea raycers several times, at GF and at Poly, and have never had reservations. As a matter of fact both places seemed completely dead each time we rented. By all means, make your reservation if you want to. but I don't think its necessary.

SBETigg
10-12-2016, 01:32 PM
We have rented sea raycers several times, at GF and at Poly, and have never had reservations. As a matter of fact both places seemed completely dead each time we rented. By all means, make your reservation if you want to. but I don't think its necessary.

Agreed. We've rented from GF, Poly, and most recently Bay Lake Tower. There were five of us, and plenty of boats. I think it's rare to find them all out at once, and even then they come back in every so often.

Hammer
10-12-2016, 03:38 PM

During our fishing excursion, I asked and they said you couldn't rent boats any more. I can say for sure not at Disney Springs, etc. But based on the guides feedback, sounded like they were done.

Yes you can rent searaycers. I'm sitting on my balcony watching several on the lagoon and they've been coming out of both GF and the Poly. There was s short period after the alligator attack when you couldn't but you sure can now.

I can confirm that you can no longer rent watercraft at Disney Springs or any of those resorts. We went to rent a boat at SSR when we were there at the end of September and were told that you can no longer rent boats in the Disney Springs area. We were told you can still rent them for Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon, which is confirmed by what Polynesian Dweller reported. Could not verify if you can still rent boats at the Epcot resort area.

Polynesian Dweller
10-13-2016, 11:59 AM
I can confirm that you can no longer rent watercraft at Disney Springs or any of those resorts. We went to rent a boat at SSR when we were there at the end of September and were told that you can no longer rent boats in the Disney Springs area. We were told you can still rent them for Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon, which is confirmed by what Polynesian Dweller reported. Could not verify if you can still rent boats at the Epcot resort area.

The third party company that operates the boat rentals pulled out of that area last year. They were unable to make enough money there. It will be interesting to see how they do on Bay Lake and Seven Seas. One thing I noticed at the Poly was that there were fewer boats available to rent than in the past, even when nobody was on the lagoon. It has the appearance of a struggling business.