PDA

View Full Version : Christmas parade taping

waymickey
09-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know when this will take place this year? I am hoping to miss it I when I visit only because I hear the crowds are crazy.

Imalismom
09-18-2016, 11:06 AM
The taping of the parade typically takes place at Magic Kingdom the first weekend in December, but has been known to be earlier - last year it was a Tuesday through Friday starting on November 10th -- however, this year, the dates have not yet been announced.

Figment!
10-24-2016, 08:45 PM
Magic Kingdom Cast have reported that the taping will take place November 9 - 13, 2016.

Cast have advised that current plans are to only tape the stage performances at Walt Disney World parks this year; the parade portion of the broadcast is planned to be taped wholly at Disneyland.

Additionally, it has been rumoured/reported that the traditional Christmas Day broadcast will be split among multiple specials airing through-out Late November and December 2016.

waymickey
10-26-2016, 01:12 PM
i heard last night that taping will be done at all 4 parks and no ticket is needed. So does that mean all four parks will be overly crowded? I did not hear any times given, so my guess it is that it is hit or miss. I was trying to avoid it.

Speedy1998
10-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Additionally, it has been rumoured/reported that the traditional Christmas Day broadcast will be split among multiple specials airing through-out Late November and December 2016.

So no Very Merry Christmas Infomercial on Christmas Day?

Figment!
11-03-2016, 08:04 PM
So no Very Merry Christmas Infomercial on Christmas Day?

It was just announced that three specials will air in 2016:

“The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” on ABC on Nov. 24, from 8-10 p.m. EST.

Emmy Award-winners Julianne and Derek Hough will serve as hosts for this two-hour special from the Walt Disney World Resort.

“Disney Parks Presents: A Descendants Magical Holiday Celebration” on Disney Channel on Nov. 25 from 8-9 p.m. EST.

1 hour of Musical performances from the Descendants 2 Cast and Special Guests

“The Disney Parks’ Magical Christmas Celebration” on the ABC on Dec. 25, from 9-11 a.m. EST.

Join holiday hosts Julianne and Derek Hough for a magical ride down Main Street and beyond for a celebration

Of note, it appears there may be several repeat performances between all three specials. All three specials list performances by Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks, Kelly Clarkson, & Sofia Carson.

As mentioned above, footage for all three specials are planned to be filmed November 9 - 13, 2016.

VWL Mom
11-04-2016, 06:00 AM
i heard last night that taping will be done at all 4 parks and no ticket is needed. So does that mean all four parks will be overly crowded? I did not hear any times given, so my guess it is that it is hit or miss. I was trying to avoid it.

I find it hard to believe that no ticket would be needed for entry into the parks, maybe no special event ticket to attend the taping?

waymickey
11-04-2016, 11:37 AM
I find it hard to believe that no ticket would be needed for entry into the parks, maybe no special event ticket to attend the taping?

Yes that is correct no special ticket needed for the taping. But How do I avoid it???

VWL Mom
11-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Yes that is correct no special ticket needed for the taping. But How do I avoid it???
I did see a taping schedule somewhere in my travels. I'll look this afternoon and see if I can find it.

joanna71985
11-08-2016, 09:28 PM
There is definitely filming at MK tomorrow and Sat (as there is no castle lighting those nights)