PDA

View Full Version : Split stay, club level rooms?

ThanxForNoticin
09-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Does anyone have experience with a split reservation that includes a Club Level room on the back-end of the reservation? For example, you wanted Club Level for 7 nights, but could only get 5 - you stay in a different Disney room the first 2 nights, and then move to Club Level?

How early can you check into that room and actually get access to Club Level? Can you perhaps check in at 7:30AM, get access to Club Level, eat breakfast, go back to your other room, check out, and then wait until you can physically get into the Club Level accommodation around 4PM (if not sooner)?

I expect getting early access to the Club Level, before the room is ready, is somewhat common. Not sure if you can hold 2 room reservations at the same time - for a few hours before checking out of the old room.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

CynBeth
09-13-2016, 06:51 PM
You have to be checked out of the first resort before being able to check into the second resort and get into your room if ready.

LifeislikeaHurricane
09-14-2016, 10:51 AM
Is it the same hotel? We arrived early and our room wasn't quite ready, but they gave us a tour of the offerings and introduced us to the concierge allowing us to go upstairs to the club lounge before we were physically checked in to our room.

The online check in feature early on may help facilitate the change quicker for the Cast Members.

(this was at the Poly)

ThanxForNoticin
09-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Yes, same hotel - both reservations at same location. Just curious if others have experienced this - a new experience for us!

DANAM
09-14-2016, 09:28 PM
I have done a split stay a couple time but not club level. Last time my husband and kids were still at one hotel and I took the car to the other for 8am to check in and unload and then met them at Epcot. So technically we had 2 rooms at the same time. So as long as you check in before check out I dont think they can say anything. BUT we were sent 2 sets of magicbands so we traded off for a new ones. Im sure you cant access both rooms with the same band. My son had a Starwars band so we went back that afternoon and they activated that one for us. Yall have fun!