PDA

View Full Version : FP+ issue from recent trip - Advice?

WDW&MK
09-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Just returned from our trip to WDW yesterday. We were there for 13 days/12 nights. We had a 10 day park hopper package with QS dining plan. I planned for 3 no park days - 1 for Disney Springs, 1 for the "dark side" (universal studios lol) and 1 for the day we left. Early in the trip, I could see that I had FastPass notifications, but I couldn't read them - they showed up on mydisneyexperience to say I had notifications, but they sent me an email to explain the issue and I don't have access to email on my phone or tablet. I just assumed they were for rides that went down or something. On the last day of our park days - Friday, we went to our lunch ADR which was in MK, then tried to use our first fast pass for the day and they said I didn't have one. Took out my phone, no fastpasses showed up for the day. Went to Town Hall for help, nothing showed up but they did help me rebook. Got home and read those notification emails - there were 7 of them. They were each for a day of my trip and said that they didn't think I had enough park tickets for the days that were booked for FP. I had to buy and link new tickets by a certain date or they would cancel my FP for that date. Somehow all they days turned out ok except the last day which did get cancelled - note that I only had 10 days of fastpasses booked and i even ended up cancelling one whole day of FP due to the weather and changing our schedule around. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on how to avoid this in the future?? I would think if I have a 12 - night package, they would leave your fastpasses alone for your length of stay assuming maybe you may plan for no park days - but that was not the case. Our next trip will be the same length, so hoping I can find out how to avoid this!!
thanks!!
Kari

DizneyRox
09-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Not sure if we knew that fast passes would be cancelled... You shouldn't have been able to book them I think if you didn't have coverage with tickets. Interesting...