PDA

View Full Version : Live365 Coming Back

DizneyFreak2002
09-10-2016, 06:13 PM
So, apparently, Live365 will be back... WOO HOO!!!! I know many of us used Live365 for our Disney music fix... And I know Intercot had a radio station on Live 365... Question is, will Intercot Radio be back when Live 365 comes back???

John
09-12-2016, 12:21 AM
It cost too much to maintain a station. I had a INTERCOT and WebDisney station at one time. After they made it cost prohibitive for us to keep it free, it stayed as a paid user option. We had a lot of unique tracks on there from my extensive collection.

Not sure if they deleted al that or what...

BriarRose0708
09-12-2016, 09:09 AM
I definitely miss Live365 for Disney, Broadway, etc. but many of my favorite stations went to paid only and I didn't listen to it enough to justify having a paid account. Same with other streaming sites like Pandora. If my favorite stations came back with the site I might think about it.

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2016, 10:35 AM
It cost too much to maintain a station. I had a INTERCOT and WebDisney station at one time. After they made it cost prohibitive for us to keep it free, it stayed as a paid user option. We had a lot of unique tracks on there from my extensive collection.

Not sure if they deleted al that or what...
I saw the costs, and I was amazed how many stations there were even with the cost... I would imagine the cost, when they come back (maybe I should say if they come back) would only be more expensive...

It is a shame really... Cause when Live 365 went away, I felt a lot of the good Disney music on the internet disappeared too...

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2016, 10:37 AM
I definitely miss Live365 for Disney, Broadway, etc. but many of my favorite stations went to paid only and I didn't listen to it enough to justify having a paid account. Same with other streaming sites like Pandora. If my favorite stations came back with the site I might think about it.
One of my favorite Live 365 station was D Magic Radio... Not sure who ran it, but they had the station set up in such a way where, for example, Monday would be Magic Kingdom day... He would start the day with a ride on the monorail, the front gate music, Main Street, then you would tour the park... Background music from the land, and then audio from each attraction... 3:00 would be the 3:00 parade... At night, he would play all the night time entertainment, ending with Illuminations at 9:00 PM... I used to fall asleep to that station...

magicofdisney
09-12-2016, 01:50 PM
One of my favorite Live 365 station was D Magic Radio... Not sure who ran it, but they had the station set up in such a way where, for example, Monday would be Magic Kingdom day... He would start the day with a ride on the monorail, the front gate music, Main Street, then you would tour the park... Background music from the land, and then audio from each attraction... 3:00 would be the 3:00 parade... At night, he would play all the night time entertainment, ending with Illuminations at 9:00 PM... I used to fall asleep to that station...
My favorite was MouseWorld Radio-radio 1. Nightly, it played SpectroMagic (my all time favorite), Illuminatins, and finally, Wishes. I've lost track of how often I worked late into the night listening to that station. I suspect many of the favorites won't make a return. :(

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2016, 05:44 PM
My favorite was MouseWorld Radio-radio 1. Nightly, it played SpectroMagic (my all time favorite), Illuminatins, and finally, Wishes. I've lost track of how often I worked late into the night listening to that station. I suspect many of the favorites won't make a return. :(
I think Mouseworld Radio was part of Shoutcast network too... and I think they had their own website at one point... There is another one, D Parks Radio, but I just can't get into it all that much... D Tunes was another favorite of mine, but the owner shut it down a while ago... I loved it cause you could play trivia in their chat room, earn points to request songs from the library... He also held contests and stuff... Was a very fun site... But I am sure costs eat into running it...

BriarRose0708
09-13-2016, 12:17 PM

I loved MouseWorld too! It was a nice balance of park music, film scores, and popular tunes.

Princess Jules
01-24-2017, 11:17 AM
I have tuned into Live365 before and really didn't get into that much. They did have some really good stuff, but I found a Disney station called D Park Radio that I really love.