PDA

View Full Version : Parade Change

Doofenshmirtz
09-06-2016, 12:35 AM
Since the MSEP last day is 10-09-2016 has there been any announcements of what parade The Magic Kingdom is going to get and when it will start?

VWL Mom
09-06-2016, 05:25 AM
Sadly, as of right now no announcements have been made.

BrerGnat
09-06-2016, 02:22 PM
It seems like there will be a pretty lengthy period of time with NO parade. Unless Disney has some super secret parade plans that they have not yet revealed.

As of now, MSEP and Paint the Night will both be located at Disneyland.

I have heard that this is mainly a financial issue with WDW.

Doofenshmirtz
09-06-2016, 05:20 PM
It seems like there will be a pretty lengthy period of time with NO parade. Unless Disney has some super secret parade plans that they have not yet revealed.

As of now, MSEP and Paint the Night will both be located at Disneyland.

I have heard that this is mainly a financial issue with WDW.

I don't see how this could be a financial issue considering all of the price increases. If it was financial they wouldn't take away MSEP as they already have paint the night in DL.

MattHolst
09-16-2016, 02:02 PM
I was sad to hear the news as well, but still very grateful I was able to watch it with my kids before it ended at Disney World. On the plus side, I now have another incentive to travel to the west coast to visit Disneyland for the first time!

Lodger
09-16-2016, 11:00 PM
I was sad to hear the news as well, but still very grateful I was able to watch it with my kids before it ended at Disney World. On the plus side, I now have another incentive to travel to the west coast to visit Disneyland for the first time!

Yes, visit Disneyland if you can. Everything is better at Disneyland than the Magic Kingdom with the exception of the castle. Disneyland's Space Mountain has forever ruined the Magic Kingdom's SM for me.

bdm@pga
09-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Heard from a cast member who would know..there are no plans for an evening parade scheduled through spring.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-27-2016, 03:55 PM
I wonder if this makes sense though. With the Halloween parties and parade, and then Christmas parties and parades, there is already a fair bit of evening stuff (although for an extra cost). So, for timing, it makes sense to cut it now, and figure something out in the new year.

ANG
09-27-2016, 05:37 PM
I wonder if this makes sense though. With the Halloween parties and parade, and then Christmas parties and parades, there is already a fair bit of evening stuff (although for an extra cost). So, for timing, it makes sense to cut it now, and figure something out in the new year.

I completely agree! Seems like a good time to persuade more people to buy party tickets to get an evening parade. I refuse to believe they don't already have something planned for Jan and Feb time frame.

bdm@pga
10-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Your right about the party tickets...but...the cast member I spoke to said there isn't even mention of plans for a new parade. The reason she would know is that she schedules things "around the parade" and they are not giving them any information, and they would have already started this scheduling process for the Spring. I really hope they have something up their sleeves and are just waiting to announce. I just can't imagine not having night time parade!