PDA

View Full Version : Streets of America?

Lodger
09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Is it true that Streets of America is gone for good at Disney Studios? This thought makes me sad. I always enjoyed walking down these streets and it was my favorite place to take pictures. It was the only section of the park that seemed like a true part of a Hollywood Studio to me.

Does anyone know what will be occupying that space in the future?

Basket Mommy
09-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Yes, it's gone. Star Wars Land is currently being constructed in its place.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2016, 09:11 AM
My Mom asked the same question last week! We were getting into DHS and she said "is that nice part still there it looks like Lombard Street". Nope ... you can see some of it behind the construction wall, but it is all going away.

Star Wars (keeping fingers crossed) should be cool, and worth the loss of Streets of America. I will also mention that it makes the park even more annoying ... since EVERYTHING is a dead-end. I felt like I kept turning around since all of the areas led to areas that are now closed. :)

LifeislikeaHurricane
09-06-2016, 12:19 PM
The Streets of America demolition has started and many sections are already down as of last week. Other demo is occurring in other closed sections of the park. Pizza Planet is also under its' refurb and rebranding back that way.

The identity of the park is definitely changing, so any "working" studio elements, open to guests, are going to be completely gone soon enough.

Lodger
09-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Thanks, all. I'm excited for the new Star Wars land, but I'm disappointed that Streets of America had to be sacrificed to make way for it.

i'm grumpy
09-15-2016, 09:42 PM
:(

Speedy1998
09-16-2016, 01:36 PM
It was the only section of the park that seemed like a true part of a Hollywood Studio to me.

That is because it has not been a "Working studio" for more than a decade. I have heard rumors of a name change coming when the new sections open.

Lodger
09-16-2016, 11:02 PM
That is because it has not been a "Working studio" for more than a decade. I have heard rumors of a name change coming when the new sections open.

Ha. How many names changes is that park going to have?

texas211
09-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Are wondering if they are selling the pieces somewhere? That would be cool to get a section.