PDA

View Full Version : Some October 2016 hours have been added

WiltonJohn
09-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Animal Kingdom has been extended to an 8:30 PM closing all month in October. Is Rivers of Light coming????? I hope so.

Hollywood Studios hours have been extended and the Star Wars fireworks shows added on a lot of days.

best,

...........john

Fangorn
09-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Scuttlebutt (not sure it meets the low bar of a rumor even) is that RoL may be starting at the end of October, but I wouldn't read anything about that into Disney extending AK hours in October. All year they've been waiting until the last minute to publish a serious calendar for the parks. Food and Wine is at its height and I'm sure they'd like to move some of the crowds out of Epcot if they can. Longer hours at AK would help, since it's something different, even without RoL running.

Steve

mickeyman42
09-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Scuttlebutt (not sure it meets the low bar of a rumor even) is that RoL may be starting at the end of October, but I wouldn't read anything about that into Disney extending AK hours in October. All year they've been waiting until the last minute to publish a serious calendar for the parks. Food and Wine is at its height and I'm sure they'd like to move some of the crowds out of Epcot if they can. Longer hours at AK would help, since it's something different, even without RoL running.

Steve

After just returning from a 2 week trip to WDW, I can't see AK hours extending past 9pm, except for truly crazy busy times, ever again. the entire 2 weeks, albeit during previously historical slower times (although we have gone in the same 2 weeks for the past 5 years and its never been a dead time, not lately) the park was dead after the first Jungle Book show. we have pictures at 9:30pm and we are the only ones in Dinoland, the only ones in Asia, the only ones by the Tree of Life, see where I'm going with this? there was no one in line for anything, not a few people, no one. the only time we saw anyone was by the tree of life during a projection scene (best projection of anything, hands down, amazing) on 2 occasions, the rest of the time it was virtually empty. We started going to AK most nights from 9-11pm (I'd say we did this 5-6 times in 12 days) and only once was there a wait for a ride (10 mins posted) for Expedition Everest, that was it. I had never seen 0 min posted wait times before, ever for EE, the Safari, and Primevil Whirl. and only 1 night was it remotely raining (actually it poured on our way out at 11)

JanetMegan
09-06-2016, 08:40 AM
I was happy to see they did the same thing for some dates in Sept (later times for Epcot and AK and added Star Wars fireworks at the Studios!)

SurferStitch
09-06-2016, 12:12 PM
They want you to plan so much stuff so far in advance, then they go and throw in a few monkey wrenches right before a trip... so aggravating. I know... first world problems, but it's still annoying.