PDA

View Full Version : Member Pages Live Chat: How much is a "bot" / how much real person?

WiltonJohn
08-28-2016, 12:25 PM
When I contact and use the chat function of the DVC member's pages.... sometimes the nature of the responses indicate to me that I am actually talking to a "bot" An artificial intelligence" algorithm, not a real person.

But sometimes the responses seem more like coming from a real person.

Is this some sort of split function thing...where if the AI can parse the questions and information... it pulls a stock response..... and if it can't figure it out... if funnels the stuff to a real person?

Or is it TOTALLY an AI function? (If so........amazing.)

Anyone know for sure?

I've always have felt that the service I receive there is very good. But I can't help but wonder sometimes

best,

...................john

John
08-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Or is it they have cut and past responses to commonly asked questions....

WiltonJohn
08-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Sometimes I have gotten responses like "That was funny"..... to a thing I typed that in no way whatsoever would be construed to "funny" by ANY person's imagination. It is like the system misreads a couple of key words... and assumes that the poster is making a joke of some sort.

That wouldn't be "cut and paste".

But I assume that even the live people have stock phrases / paragraphs set up as macros for the common stuff.

best,

................john

Ed
08-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Or is it they have cut and past responses to commonly asked questions....

But I assume that even the live people have stock phrases / paragraphs set up as macros for the common stuff....

BINGO ! :thumbsup:

They're all living, breathing humans on the chats. And they do have macros and/or "cut and paste" responses to a lot of the most commonly asked questions and "boilerplate" stuff like "I'll be glad to research that for you. Please stay online and I'll be back to you as quickly as possible."