PDA

View Full Version : Episode 91 - It’s a Picnic Day

John
08-27-2016, 09:11 AM
The Cast: Michael Montanez, Justin McCarty, Carolyn Pongracz, Cindy Jachrimo, John Yaglenski

- Welcome to weather talk on the surface of the sun
- Michael travels around the world to the Disneyland’s
- Quick trip to Hong Kong
- Then off to Shanghai and the Hunger Games District 3
- The beacon in the park was Starbucks - it was amazing
- It was the hottest Michael ever felt - 92 with 100 percent humidity with no shade
- The Castle is Huge!
- Michael confuses Hong Kong and Mystic Manor with Shanghai
- Tomorrowland is awesome and the whole trip was worth Light Cycles.
- Face characters look amazing
- Merchandise selection was a little lacking
- Michael’s Fun Facts
- The space time continuum and slipstream effect
- Lots of changes coming to stateside parks - closures, changes, etc.
- What is the difference between a carousel and a merry-go-round
- Misfortune Falls
- New VR based haunted attraction to Halloween Horror Nights
- Disney Springs
- Virtual RunDisney medals

>> DOWNLOAD Episode 91 of the INTERCOT Podcast Here... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2016/episode-91.asp)

or subscribe in iTunes, Google Play or your favorite Podcast App!

badkitty
08-27-2016, 12:20 PM
Woo hoo! I can't wait to listen!

cer
08-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Woo hoo! I can't wait to listen!

Me, too! :mickey:

By the way, BadKitty that signature block of yours is super impressive....:walk:

Big hugs!

2Epcot
09-05-2016, 03:51 AM
There is some Western food in Shanghai Disneyland though not much. An LA times article I saw only lists it at about 10% of the food. Ironically another article I read said the American hot dog is quite popular with the Chinese there. My (Chinese) wife believes it's because it's one of the more cheaper items in the park. Many locals are not pleased with the high prices of food.

I've been following many American cast members working at Shanghai Disneyland. One guy in particular had been there for many months training Chinese cast members. He just recently returned to Anaheim. Just by chance I ran into while watching one of the final "Disneyland Forever " fireworks shows on Friday. He was there just enjoying the show. I will be getting tips from him for my trip in December. From what I hear, the weather will be completely the opposite of Michael's trip.

Also, when the Main Street Electrical parade was in Disney California Adventure Park it was called Disney's Electrical Parade.

Hammer
09-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Michael, even though I read your Facebook updates from Hong Kong and Shanghai, I enjoyed your detailed description on this podcast. Your feelings towards Cheesecake Factory are very much how I feel about Applebee's and Olive Garden. If you are in a metropolitan area, try some of the local restaurants. You can go to Applebee's when you are back home!

You will love Morimoto Asia! I have been to the Disney Springs location a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it :tasty: !