PDA

View Full Version : Osborne lights

Catzle
08-26-2016, 11:46 PM
I know the osborne lights are gone but wondering if there is any talk about moving the lights to somewhere else and renaming them?

Ed
08-27-2016, 10:17 AM
There's been a lot of rumors, but nothing official from Disney. One of the more prevalent rumors has the display being erected in Disney Springs, but I tend to doubt that for two reasons: (1) the logistics of setup and removal in an area that is open to the public 24/7/365, and (2) the fact that it would become a "free" attraction, and as we all know, the words "Disney" and "Free" are almost never found in the same sentence.

1DisneyNut
08-27-2016, 08:30 PM
It is hard to believe they have permanently done away with osborne lights as big of a spectacle and as popular as it was so I expect it to show up somewhere once again after construction is completed.

Disoriented
09-12-2016, 05:26 PM
I think it would be great if they created a little alcove or something in Hollywood Studios where they could recreate the streets of America and leave the Osborne lights year round. Similar to World Showplace just off of Epcot’s World Showcase.

They could use the space during the off season for private functions and special events like they do with World Showplace.

It appears that there could be enough space along the south and southeast ends of the park as well the north end just beyond Rock N Roller Coaster.

They might have to build an entry way tunnel under one of the access roads but that should be a piece a cake for anyone that can build a road under water.