PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass + Help Needed

Donald Duck
08-26-2016, 01:19 AM
I know we get to make 3 FP reservations per day initially online
60 days in advance. I was also told that before we could make
another FP at a kiosk or with the app we had to use all 3 FPs.
My question is what if someone in our group
isnt going on info of the rides. For example,
my wife isn't going on our 3rd FP for Everest?
If I went to a kiosk after Everest, I could make a
new FP for everyone except my wife ?
is there a way to cancel my wife's Everet FP
so we can all get a new FP once we are done
with our first 3 FPs ?

Thank you

Donald Duck

VWL Mom
08-26-2016, 07:27 AM
You would be able to make yours and change your wife's 3rd to be with you. Also, if you have a smartphone you can now do FP in it rather than going to the kiosks.

WDWdriver
08-26-2016, 08:28 AM
You don't have to make FP reservations as a group. If your wife doesn't want to ride Everest, then don't include her for that FP. She will still have one available for the day. After the rest of you ride Everest (having used all three of your FPs), then you can all get another one at a kiosk or on the app.

BrerGnat
08-26-2016, 11:33 AM
You can also reserve Everest for your wife (for simplicity sake) and then when you get to the ride, you can scan her magic band to clear it or she can enter the line with you and use the chicken exit. OR, you can ride towards the end of the return window, and your wife can wait for you, and by the time you all ride, hers should clear due to "expiring."

Speedy1998
08-26-2016, 12:33 PM
OR, you can ride towards the end of the return window, and your wife can wait for you, and by the time you all ride, hers should clear due to "expiring."

Or make Everest your first or second FP of the day and have the third FP be something everyone is riding.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-26-2016, 06:58 PM
I just want to point out that if someone doesn't ride, you should always do like was recommended above and scan the band for the person not riding in order to "end" that FP. If you simply don't scan the band and it is your last FP, then you can't book a 4th FP for your wife until the window expires on her unused FP, where if the band gets scanned it will immediately open up 4th FP availability for her.

It is true that you could simply cancel only her FP (the system no longer REQUIRES you have 3 FPs at once, it will let you do just one or two) but the disadvantage of doing that is that the system will not allow you to book that same attraction again if you are still using your "first three" FPs. I know that doesn't really matter since your wife isn't riding at all, but just something to keep in mind in scenarios where it does matter, such as when you hope to rebook another FP for a Tier 1 attraction (on the slim chance one is available) or rebook one of the Mountains at MK.

Donald Duck
08-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone.
I think making a FP for her, scanning her
magic band and her not riding makes the most
sense. This way we are in sync and don't have
to worry about her unused FP preventing us from
making another FP reservation.

Cinderelley
08-30-2016, 02:15 AM
Unfortunately getting her a fastpass that she will not use ties it up for someone else who would have used it.

Fangorn
08-30-2016, 11:02 AM
Unfortunately getting her a fastpass that she will not use ties it up for someone else who would have used it.

While true, the flip side of this is that someone in the standby queue will get on just a tad sooner. The spot isn't wasted, just moved from FP to standby.

Steve