PDA

View Full Version : Early Check In

magicman
08-24-2016, 02:46 PM
In an effort to maximize our first day at WDW, we are planning on staying at an off-site Orlando hotel the night before we check in early morning at the Caribbean Resort (at approximately 8:00am).

Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences or suggestions that might help?

Also, does anyone have any ideas on catching the magic the night before we check in?

mydisneygirls
08-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Your room may not be ready at that time but after checking in you can leave your bags and head to the parks as your tickets will be activated. As for Magic the night before the Boardwalk is a great place for that. You can also see the fireworks from Hollywood Studios from there.

droopy d.
08-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Well I am currently at Disney and tried to do a resort swap and head to the Parks first thing in the morning. Although I had fast passes booked I couldn't get into the park bcs I was told my band wasn't active bcs I didn't physically go to the resort and check in. After 45 minutes at guest relations it got squared away.

magicman
08-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Well I am currently at Disney and tried to do a resort swap and head to the Parks first thing in the morning. Although I had fast passes booked I couldn't get into the park bcs I was told my band wasn't active bcs I didn't physically go to the resort and check in. After 45 minutes at guest relations it got squared away.

Good tip. I guess there is no way to by-pass physical resort check-in (even with a resort swap).

allgiggles
08-25-2016, 10:45 PM
Good tip. I guess there is no way to by-pass physical resort check-in (even with a resort swap).

That's not usually true. We have done direct-to-room online check-in on our last two stays (June 2015 & June 2016) and never physically "checked in" either time. In fact, on our trip this past June, our room wasn't going to be ready at the arrival time we had indicated during online check-in. We got an e-mail about an hour before that time telling us they'd let us know when our room was ready but in the meantime we could head straight to a park.

Isabella
08-26-2016, 04:11 PM
It may depend on the type of ticket you are using. If it is associated with the reservation (for example a package deal) you may have to indeed at least go to the resort. If you have an annual pass then it doesn't matter if you are staying there or not, the ticket is totally separate from the accommodations.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-26-2016, 04:21 PM
When you're arriving early, online check-in can be a blessing. Especially if you select "have room ready" instead of any other options, there is a decent chance that your room will indeed be ready. We've had a lot of luck at getting rooms around 10am (when we arrive), so hopefully you'd be set for 8am as well.

But, as others have said, even if the room isn't ready, you can head out into the parks and enjoy. They will text/email you when your room is ready, with the room number.

If you're looking for magic the night before, a visit to Disney Springs can be fun, or a meal at a resort.

Enjoy your trip!

garthbarth1
08-30-2016, 11:08 PM
That's not usually true. We have done direct-to-room online check-in on our last two stays (June 2015 & June 2016) and never physically "checked in" either time. In fact, on our trip this past June, our room wasn't going to be ready at the arrival time we had indicated during online check-in. We got an e-mail about an hour before that time telling us they'd let us know when our room was ready but in the meantime we could head straight to a park.

I just did the online check in and didnt see the place to add our arrival time?

TSLtrek
08-31-2016, 03:40 PM
Under "Your Resort Arrival"...mine says "Disney's Magical Express Transportation"
We did give flight information to Magical Journeys though. We arrive around noon...our plan is to drop the bags and head to a park.

SueQ
09-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Last trip I got a text first thing in the morning that room was not ready but they would let me know when it would be. Then just before we left resort to head to the park...we got the text with the room number and headed to the room to drop everything off.

Next day we switch our resort to AKL. Same thing. Text in the morning room wasn't ready and before we left resort...text with room number. We were very lucky that both rooms were ready first thing in the morning.

#1donaldfan
09-06-2016, 07:49 PM
We have done that several times, actually. We have checked in as early as 7 AM and more times than not, we were able to get our room. Luck of the draw?? Maybe. For us, magic the night before is Disney Springs. We love the parking garage, it makes parking much easier and it's a short walk to the AMC or Splitsville .... have fun