PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Decision??

scalice
08-24-2016, 11:31 AM
We (DH, DS 13, DD 11) will be in Disney 4 nights the end of October. We will be staying at the Dolphin the last two nights but want to book a deluxe for the first two nights. Choices are:

AKL Savana view
GF - outer building
Contemp- Bay lake Tower

Recommendations??? I really can't decide....

VacationDisney
08-24-2016, 11:57 AM
I think your children would like AKL. However, if you want the ease of getting to the parks, via the monorail, than the other 2 would be a better choice. Where do you intend to spend most of your days? Are your children aware of the options? Perhaps discuss the pros and cons with them and see what they might like? Just an idea

chefmickey3
08-24-2016, 12:36 PM
All are wonderful choices...we like each for different reasons. I would go Bay Lake Tower for location alone. My second choice would be AKL because it is so relaxing and a destination unto itself. I agree with previous poster if the kids find AKL intriguing, I would go AKL. Otherwise, I would go BLT. You really can't go wrong!

#1donaldfan
08-26-2016, 02:40 PM
I'd say the AKL would be the best pick for the kids. We've stayed there a couple of times and we all LOVE it. !! The pool is very kid friendly (of all ages) and the view from the balcony in the mornings over a cup of coffee while reading my bible was the best ever ....

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Depending on your park plans and such, I would think a monorail option, for this short a visit might be best. Just being able to hop the monorail to MK or TTC to get to EPCOT and even from there to DHS without needing Disney's transportation or private car would be a big plus for us.

But if its a leisurely, spend a lot of time in resort type of trip, I'd agree with others that AKL might be better choice.

A good problem to have.

goofy-4-disney
08-30-2016, 01:51 PM
I would choose either of the monorail resorts. While I like the decor of AKL, the location of that particular resort is always a deal breaker for me. Being on the monorail line is such a fun perk, especially for kids. I feel the monorail resorts are better for any kind of stay; whether open to close in the parks or just a relaxing stay at the resort. If just doing a resort only stay, you can hop between all the resorts on the loop quickly and easily. You also can take a loop through Epcot on the monorail.

lawgirl
09-01-2016, 11:18 AM
AKL is my all-time favorite place to be. Like the previous posters have mentioned, if you are planning on doing MK alot and want to be able to just walk over, BLT would def be the best bet. But AKL is incredibly amazing...we usually spend so much more time at the resort than getting out because we love it so much. And the pools are awesome. We stayed at YC last Halloween, but visited AKL to eat at Sanaa for Halloween night. It was so fun. The resort has a very dark atmosphere, and they had trick or treat stations set up around the gift shop and lobby, as well as a carved pumpkin contest. My kids love going there. Its one of the most unique places I've ever been. BLT was very convenient for getting to MK, but AKL has my heart!