PDA

View Full Version : Can you walk from Hollywood Studios to Boardwalk area?

Genie1953
08-24-2016, 03:18 AM
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to walk from Hollywood studios to the Boardwalk area? Seems like I have heard that you can...that there is a walking path between the two resorts. Does anyone know for sure?

cspenc28
08-24-2016, 06:31 AM
Yes you can. There is a path from HS to Boardwalk...and it continues around to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot and Beach Club/Yacht Club also. Off hand, I don't know the exact distance, but we always walk it.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to walk from Hollywood studios to the Boardwalk area? Seems like I have heard that you can...that there is a walking path between the two resorts. Does anyone know for sure?

andypooh
08-24-2016, 08:30 AM

You definitely can. Have walked it multiple times. There is a path on the right side when you leave the studios near where the buses come in. It is about 15-25 minutes depending on how fast you walk

Genie1953
08-24-2016, 08:36 AM
You definitely can. Have walked it multiple times. There is a path on the right side when you leave the studios near where the buses come in. It is about 15-25 minutes depending on how fast you walk

Is it difficult to find the path?

andypooh
08-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Is it difficult to find the path?

nope. you walk out of the studios towards where the buses are. as you are about to hit the street where the buses are pulling in you just turn left and the path starts. it should be fairly obvious once you are there

faline
08-24-2016, 08:58 AM
It can be easy to miss if you're coming from Hollywood Studios. When you leave the park, stay to the left but don't head to the boat ramp. Cross over the water way and the walkway will be on your left running alongside the waterway the entire time. It's a much easier walk in cooler weather than it is when it is very hot and humid out!!

Goes4FastPass
08-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Give your feet a rest. Ths boat that goes to the boardwalk + swan/dolphin enroute is swell.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
08-24-2016, 11:17 AM
When you leave the park, stay to the left but don't head to the boat ramp. Cross over the water way and the walkway will be on your left running alongside the waterway the entire time.
Exactly. We always stay at BCV or BWV, largely because two of the four parks are an easy walk or a short boat ride. I love this walk -- it is very peaceful. Just follow Faline's directions and you can't miss the path. I am a fast walker -- when I am by myself, I can get from the Studio turnstiles to the Boardwalk entrance at Jellyrolls in about 10-12 minutes (which is admittedly fast). With my entire family walking at a more normal pace, it is a 15 or so minute walk.

If you are interested in walking for the enjoyment, this walk is great. If you are trying to be faster than the boats, it is really hit or miss. At a reasonable walking pace, if you just miss a boat, then you might get to the Boardwalk faster than the next boat would get you there. If there is a boat waiting at the Studios boat dock when you walk past, however, then you will see it pass you on the waterway as you walk. Even so, you're talking a difference of minutes either way, so if you enjoy walking, this is a great alternative to the boat.

I have also done this walk not just to Boardwalk or Beach Club, but all the way through the International Gateway in Epcot. I love to walk, so this is not an issue for me. Some might consider that to be a long walk, though.

Genie1953
08-24-2016, 11:29 AM
Give your feet a rest. Ths boat that goes to the boardwalk + swan/dolphin enroute is swell.

The problem is that the boat doesn't run that early. We have to be at Cape May by 8am for our reservation.

RunDMV
08-25-2016, 04:50 AM
Yes, you can. As a matter of fact, this is the route that the Disney Marathon takes coming out of The Studios. Two easy ways to find the path:

Coming out of The Studios, look off on the distance for the overpass going over the water (or the water going under the overpass) and head that way. You will walk in the direction of the overpass (on the sidewalk) on the right side.

Or

Google Disney Marathon Course image and note the path. That is the same direction.

It is about 2 miles to the finish of the marathon from the studios. 1 mile from the Studios to the International Gateway and 1 mile from the IG, around the World Showcase, through Epcot, and on to the finish line in the parking lot.