PDA

View Full Version : Fast Passes - what attractions should we get them for

Genie1953
08-19-2016, 04:02 AM
Our last trip to Disneyworld was in 2010. We will be there from November 7th through the 19th and this is our first experience with advance Fast Passes. Since the magic day to make the advance passes is coming soon can anyone tell me from their experiences what rides we should get fast passes for at each park? Much thanks in advance for any advice given!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-19-2016, 07:20 AM
For me, our FP planning is a combination of two things - the attractions that will have the longest lines, and the things that we HAVE to do, even if the lines may not be as long.

So, for MK that looks like: Mine Train (a must - the lines are still crazy for this), Peter Pan (same, still crazy lines) and then the Mountains (depending how many MK days we have).

Even though things like Haunted Mansion now have a longer line, thanks to FP, we often manage with a walk-on, or a later in the day, or later in the trip FP.

The other parks are easier, since there are less FP choices. Epcot and DHS are "tiered", meaning that you can only pre-book 1 top tier attraction. You'll have to choose between Soarin' and Test Track (we always take Soarin', and use the single rider line at TT) and Toy Story and Rock 'n Roller Coaster at DHS. This is trickier, since the TSMM lines are much better than before, but still long.

We book our FP starting mid-morning, since we find right at rope drop, you can still walk on to a number of things without much waiting.

Enjoy your trip!

faline
08-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Also, if you want to ride the new Frozen ride in Epcot, I'd put that high on your list for fastpasses. We also select Soarin over Test Track - partially because we don't really care for the last remodel of Test Track. Tower of Terror is also high on our list for getting fastpasses as the standby line can be really long here.

#1donaldfan
08-19-2016, 01:07 PM
For me I like to rope drop a park and riding pretty much all I want with minimal wait, then I use FP's for whatever park I'm in that evening .... works great for us !!

DonaldDuck1117
08-19-2016, 02:22 PM
For MK my preselected 3 are Seven DrawfsMine Ride, Space Mountain (this is still consistently one of the longest lines) and Peter Pan. Everything else we can manage.

I haven't been to Epcot since Frozen opened but I would make that a Fastpass for sure.

Studios we do Tower, toy story, and Star Tours.

Animal Kingdom is Everest, Safari, and Dinosaur.