PDA

View Full Version : My Disney App In The Parks

magicman
08-12-2016, 07:27 AM
The My Disney App seems to be important to successfully getting additional fastpasses while in the park.

My challenge is that the vast majority of time while I am on the My Disney App at home I get a lovely orange bar that reads "Weak or No Internet Connection".

From other's experience, while at the parks, do you get the super maximum mega signal required to power the My Disney App? (Or do you have to zip down to NASA to get this type of mega signal? ;)

SBETigg
08-12-2016, 11:05 AM
I have no problems with it in the park or at home. I wasn't able to get additional FastPasses with it though, in park, because for some reason it kept eliminating my husband from our group. I had to go to the kiosk and get help every time. But we were usually content with out first few Fastpasses and only needed to get additional ones two or three times. Anyway, I have Verizon and it works fine for me.

Strmchsr
08-12-2016, 12:09 PM
When I actually need to use it, I turn off wifi and just use data (it doesn't use much). Disney's wifi is really poor and I do often have problems using the app on wifi but never a problem on data.

VWL Mom
08-13-2016, 09:05 AM
Just got back and had no problems with WiFi in AK, EP, or DHS. Mk on the other hand was spotty at best.

magicman
08-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the info. My wife seems to come and go on the My Disney App fast pass reservations. She is a luke warm Disney fan and behaves in an unnaturally calm fashion during this potentially catastrophic situation. If it were me (being a highly normal individual who sleeps in specially tailored Mickey Pajamas made especially for my 49 year old disney deluxe dining frame), and I wasn't showing on the fast pass reservation, I would react in the normal panicy fashion which is a sign of intelligence and emotional quiltation I'm told.

Honestly, my silliness is due to he fact that I will be in Disney World in three weeks. I can't control myself. I apologize but my world is such a happy place as we enter the the sweet 20 day countdown zone. :)

PS: Are you cell service shaming us savages who use the other leading carrier?

Isabella
08-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info. My wife seems to come and go on the My Disney App fast pass reservations. She is a luke warm Disney fan and behaves in an unnaturally calm fashion during this potentially catastrophic situation. If it were me (being a highly normal individual who sleeps in specially tailored Mickey Pajamas made especially for my 49 year old disney deluxe dining frame), and I wasn't showing on the fast pass reservation, I would react in the normal panicy fashion which is a sign of intelligence and emotional quiltation I'm told.

Honestly, my silliness is due to he fact that I will be in Disney World in three weeks. I can't control myself. I apologize but my world is such a happy place as we enter the the sweet 20 day countdown zone. :)

PS: Are you cell service shaming us savages who use the other leading carrier?

Okay, I laughed out loud!!! Perhaps your silliness is extra silly for me since we are at the 6 week mark and anxiously awaiting the delivery of our 10 new Magic Bands and ME tags!

LVT
08-15-2016, 07:26 PM
I envy both of you. I am not going until April 2017 and am haunting the boards.

Isabella
08-16-2016, 05:58 PM

BUT.... YOU'RE going!!!! Woooo hooooo.... When you go, I'll be envying you!

magicman
08-24-2016, 02:18 PM

April 2017 is definitely within the legal window of excitement! I have been known, at the six month point, to hyperventilate in an attempt to get my dining reservations. (Paramedics stand by in front of my house at the 60 day mark when trying to get my fastpasses.)

Sylvia
08-24-2016, 08:30 PM
A thread with which I can seriously identify. I've been staying at Disney Resorts since 1989, after 13 years staying off-site. After staying at several resorts in recent years, I just returned from a return trip (finally) to my all-time favorite resort - CBR - and I'm already planning 2 return trips in February and September 2017 - both to CBR.

magicman
08-24-2016, 09:45 PM
A thread with which I can seriously identify. I've been staying at Disney Resorts since 1989, after 13 years staying off-site. After staying at several resorts in recent years, I just returned from a return trip (finally) to my all-time favorite resort - CBR - and I'm already planning 2 return trips in February and September 2017 - both to CBR.

Any "must dos" or unique features at CBR that you recommend? I've stayed at the Pop, Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club. So this is our first foray into CBR.