PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn best suggestions

Fastpasssteve
08-10-2016, 03:54 AM
Friends,

Out of some misplaced sense of nostalgia, my party has made dinner reservations at the San Angel Inn. Before you begin, STOP. I know this restaurant pales in comparison to so many others on property. This reservation is beyond my control and etched in stone.

All that being said, what are the best items to order? (If you say the Flan, I will toss it in your direction.) Help.

#1donaldfan
08-10-2016, 12:19 PM
So sad for you. I sense you do not really want to go there however in light of the good of the many outweighing the greater good of the few (you), you will forego and partake. I tried it twice over the years and had terrible service and food, but I'd probably pick the Tostados de Tinga and make that the entre. This seems to be the less of all the "evil". I love the atmosphere in there though. I hope you have a good time.

Isabella
08-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Margaritas....
Margaritas always make things better!
:cheers:

VacationDisney
08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
We have eaten here many times. Also a good experience for us. Love the Red Snapper!

SBETigg
08-10-2016, 08:24 PM
I like the Arrachera con Chilaquiles. It's a NY strip (probably the thinnest cut and not prepped exactly as you request) with chilaquiles that lend some flavor and heat. Yeah, it's not the best restaurant on property, but I do enjoy the atmosphere (even with tables close together) and the food has never been terrible for me. Sometimes even really good. And as Isabella recommended, margaritas help. Go with an open mind and enjoy! Or, you know, make the best of it. :marg:

TexasPrincessAurora
09-14-2016, 05:08 PM
We dined here the last week in August. The service started out slow and questionable, but definitely picked up and was fantastic. My DH had the combination platter and loved all of it. DD had the steak. DS the kid's cheese quesadilla. I had the shrimp. Spicy and fantastic. The desserts were yummy as well. The kids had the mini churros. I had the Bavarian cream. DH had the cheesecake. I honestly don't have any complaints at all. AND we had a table right on the water by the pyramid and volcano. It was a great meal!

LifeislikeaHurricane
09-15-2016, 04:26 PM
The Lomo de Puerco en Salsa Verde was decent, I believe I substituted chicken for the pork though. I don't think anything there is absolutely terrible, but I do not eat beans so I can't really speak to those. We found it matches many "designer" Mexican places here at home so it's really not a different experience, and it is at a much higher $$. Since you're roped in, I think there are three to four decent options that should be at least mildly pleasant.

disney1026
10-21-2016, 04:47 PM
They have great margaritas! I think the food is decent. I think the atmosphere/theme is superb. Nighttime outdoor dining at any time of the day!!! It is one of my favorite World Showcase pavilions.

texas211
10-23-2016, 10:58 AM
The water and ice cubes.