PDA

View Full Version : Paying with Disney gift cards?

ASweetLov
08-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Im sorry if this has been asked before, but can you pay the balance of your bill at a restaurant in WDW with a disney gift card? I am on the dining plan so I know soda, entree and dessert is paid for but if I wanted to get an alcoholic beverage and an appetizer would I be able to pay that plus the tip with a gift card?

Thank you for any information:mickey:

Basket Mommy
08-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Yes. We won't be on the dining plan on our trip later this month, but I will have Tables in Wonderland. I was planning on using Disney gift cards to pay for our meals.

NewDVCowner
08-03-2016, 02:22 PM
I have done exactly that - I was on the dining plan and purchased a glass of wine, and added a tip for my entire meal, with a Disney Gift Card. I don't believe you can just pay the tip with the gift card, though. (Meaning, without purchasing something with the gift card as well.)

Basket Mommy
08-04-2016, 05:58 PM
I have done exactly that - I was on the dining plan and purchased a glass of wine, and added a tip for my entire meal, with a Disney Gift Card. I don't believe you can just pay the tip with the gift card, though. (Meaning, without purchasing something with the gift card as well.)

I don't see why you couldn't. When you're on the dining plan you're allowed to charge just the tip back to your room.

NewDVCowner
08-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Hmm... I wasn't aware of that. I'll need to keep that in mind on my next trip!