PDA

View Full Version : $80,000 a night??

BrowncatP
08-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Dailyhive.com has a story about Disney entering and winning the 2016 Honda Celebration of Lights Fireworks competition in Vancouver this past weekend. It says that the Disneyland Forever fireworks are thought to cost $80,000 a night. Does anyone know if that is true, and what does Wishes cost?:fworks:

Fangorn
08-01-2016, 07:31 PM
That is probably in the ballpark. I know that the 4th of July fireworks at Ft. Vancouver, WA cost upwards of $250,000 as a once a year event (but that also includes some live music). Disney is supposed to be the world's largest consumer of fireworks. I suspect, but I don't really know, that Wishes is not as expensive as Disneyland Forever. DF has some firework technology that I've never seen before, and certainly is not used in Wishes.

When we were at Epcot for the 30th birthday, they did an additional tag show to Illuminations. I had a couple of different CMs tell me that day not to miss it (it was pretty forgettable actually) and that it cost $35K.

If that 5-7 minute tag cost $35K, I can certainly believe that Disneyland Forever costs $80K.

Steve