PDA

View Full Version : Other old Disney movies the company should remake

RBrooksC
08-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Escape from Witch Mountain was remade twice, once in 1995 and then as Race to Witch Mountain. I can honestly say I have seen neither of them so I cannot comment on the quality.

However, are there any other 1970s/early 80s movies that Disney should remake, hopefully for the better?

The two that come to mind are The Black Hole and The Watcher in the Woods, as does, Something Wicked This Way Comes. I think these are good concepts that had poor execution due to where The Walt Disney Company was at the time.

Speedy1998
08-01-2016, 12:29 PM
They have actually already remade a lot of their older Movies. Pete's Dragon immediately comes to mind as it is about to be release in theaters. However, some of the other movies they have remade include The Parent Trap, That Darn Cat, The Absent Minded Professor and the Shaggy Dog.

Personally, I would not mind seeing a remake of the Computer Wore Tennis shoes, at the very least I think it might make a good Disney Channel Movie.

RBrooksC
08-01-2016, 03:44 PM
I don't remember a remake of That Darn Cat. I was thinking of more during the darker years of the 1970s/early 80s when things at the studios weren't so good.

Speedy1998
08-02-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't remember a remake of That Darn Cat. I was thinking of more during the darker years of the 1970s/early 80s when things at the studios weren't so good.

1997 - It had Christina Ricci in it. Other than some funny slapstick in the final chase scene, it was pretty forgettable.

Terra
08-02-2016, 12:42 PM
I think I'm crazy because I'm just not a fan of re-made films in general. There's so much out there in the big world to make a movie about. I feel like when all these movies are suddenly remakes [not just Disney], people have run out of ideas.

Wayne
08-05-2016, 06:46 PM
People have run out of ideas. The bean counters aren't interested in paying for new ideas, especially ones that might not bring in the bucks. So, all we can get from any of the movie companies is retread schlock. It's a shame, really.

baldburke
08-05-2016, 11:05 PM
How about a remake of the Apple Dumpling Gang? I'm a child of the 70s, but I remember as a kid going to the theater to see a number of current releases as well as re-releases of titles from the 1960s like The Absent Minded Professor, The Parent Trap and The Love Bug.

#1donaldfan
08-09-2016, 04:03 PM
How about a remake of the Apple Dumpling Gang? I'm a child of the 70s, but I remember as a kid going to the theater to see a number of current releases as well as re-releases of titles from the 1960s like The Absent Minded Professor, The Parent Trap and The Love Bug.

That's a great one to re-make. I'd love to see a modern day Apple Dumpling Gang remake !!!

MattHolst
09-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Oh man. If any more of the remakes are like the snoozefest that was Pete's Dragon, I say don't even attempt any more. A much better idea would have been to remaster the original and release it to theaters again. When I was growing as a small child in the 70s, I remember my parents taking me to see many Disney features that had been re-released to the big screen (Song of the South, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Cinderella.) This would give parents a chance to revisit the classics while introducing the movies they loved to their kids. Plus, there's something about going to see a movie in the theater which will hold their attention longer as opposed to a Blu-Ray with all the distractions around.

LandFan
11-04-2016, 08:51 AM

Yes! One of my favorites!