PDA

View Full Version : If it ain't broke...Dont fix it !!

tiggerbuddy
07-30-2016, 10:02 PM
A few that come to mind...

Spaceship Earth...Jeremy Irons version
Horizons (jeesh I miss this )
ORIGINAL Journey into Imagination

Your thoughts ?

joonyer
07-30-2016, 10:16 PM
I getcha. On the other hand, I wonder sometimes why they don't fix the things that are broke; i.e. Expedition Everest.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-30-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm one of those people who never saw any of those things ... :( We love the "Figment Ride", and I think we would have enjoyed seeing the original.

joonyer
07-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I never had a chance to experience Horizons, but I've heard so many good stories about it.

Arielfan98
07-30-2016, 11:58 PM
Same here...and I was too young to remember the old Spaceship Earth

cer
07-31-2016, 12:31 AM
I'm one of those people who never saw any of those things ... :(

Same.

tiggerbuddy
07-31-2016, 09:16 AM
Excellent point !!

Forgot about the broken yeti !!

DizneyRox
07-31-2016, 10:04 AM
I getcha. On the other hand, I wonder sometimes why they don't fix the things that are broke; i.e. Expedition Everest.
This is very true. There's more broke that's not fixed than not broke and "fixed", IMHO. As mentioned, Expedition Everest. There's probably at least 6 things broke on that ride alone. Dinosaur is another one that's been broken for years I believe...

ajwgroomer
07-31-2016, 02:43 PM
I wish they'd bring back Horizons! It's obvious how many people loved that ride & miss it, wish they'd listen to us & bring it back! I also loved the World of Motion ride, Mr Toad's Wild ride & Snow White's Scary Adventure but for sure most of all HORIZONS❤

tiggerbuddy
07-31-2016, 03:22 PM
Horizons is my MOST missed...With todays technology... an updated version would be super.

texas211
07-31-2016, 05:24 PM
I wish they'd bring back Horizons! It's obvious how many people loved that ride & miss it, wish they'd listen to us & bring it back! I also loved the World of Motion ride, Mr Toad's Wild ride & Snow White's Scary Adventure but for sure most of all HORIZONS❤

Great quote. I totally agree. Want to add Maelstrom and Dreamflight.

I feel this way about Living w/ the Land, and hope it stays forever, as well as COP.

Terra
07-31-2016, 10:20 PM
I love Jeremy Irons' narration. It was much more grand. It hink they should have at least replaced him with someone else with grand voice, like David Attenborough or his brother Sir Richard Attenborough.

Speedy1998
08-01-2016, 12:37 PM
TIGGERBUDDY - The only problem with the at least two of the attractions you mention, and I think all three (SE is the one I am not positive off), is that the changes were prompted by the companies that sponsored the attraction. It is one of the pitfalls of getting a corporate sponsor to pay for the attraction.

DIZNEYROX - You are correct about EE and Dinosaur, however, as long as the main ride system works fine, and there are still long lines in the queue, I do not see Disney closing those attractions to fix them. At least not until Pandora land (Or whatever they are calling it ) opens.

mechanic
08-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Dinosaur is getting some needed downtime this fall.

tiggerbuddy
08-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Guess that's why Japan never got the "MT Fuji" ride..."Fuji vs Kodak" film/sponsorship

Terra
08-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Guess that's why Japan never got the "MT Fuji" ride..."Fuji vs Kodak" film/sponsorship

I didn't realize Japan was at one time supposed to get an attraction. That would have been wonderful!

Bass T-bone
08-02-2016, 08:04 AM
I liked Space Ship Earth with Walter Cronkite narrating.

Speedy1998
08-02-2016, 12:27 PM

That is exactly what I have heard. Kodak, who was a major sponsor at the time was not happy about an attraction that shared a name with their main competitor.

texas211
08-06-2016, 03:28 PM
20,000 Leagues... I miss that. Incredible ride. Could have used air conditioned boats.

Stu29573
08-07-2016, 10:12 AM
I second Walter Cronkite on SSE. For those of us of a certain age, his voice was the wisdom of the ages, lol!

TikiLounger
08-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Does anyone remember how fun the Kilimanjaro Safaris used to be...way back when? My kids were so disappointed when they got rid of the bridge gag and the whole "Big Red/ Little Red" poaching storyline with its fun chase through the jungle to capture the poachers. My son LOVED this so much that, for years, he told everyone that he was going to be a driver on the Kilimanjaro Safaris when he "grows up". Hahaha...he even bought a safari hat and vest one year. I suppose this is not really a fix of something that wasn't broken, but an example of NOT fixing something that did break.

Oh...and I never knew that Walter Cronkite narrated the original (I'm guessing) version of Spaceship Earth. I'm definitely old enough to have seen it, but I didn't start vacationing in Disney until I was in my thirties. I must have missed him. I'll bet he was great, though. I'm also of a certain age and his voice definitely was the wisdom of the ages.

Gator
08-08-2016, 06:08 PM
You mean like Tower of Terror over in Anaheim? Yeah, it's not as good as the Orlando version, but still a great ride.

Stu29573
08-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Does anyone remember how fun the Kilimanjaro Safaris used to be...way back when? My kids were so disappointed when they got rid of the bridge gag and the whole "Big Red/ Little Red" poaching storyline with its fun chase through the jungle to capture the poachers. My son LOVED this so much that, for years, he told everyone that he was going to be a driver on the Kilimanjaro Safaris when he "grows up". Hahaha...he even bought a safari hat and vest one year. I suppose this is not really a fix of something that wasn't broken, but an example of NOT fixing something that did break.

Oh...and I never knew that Walter Cronkite narrated the original (I'm guessing) version of Spaceship Earth. I'm definitely old enough to have seen it, but I didn't start vacationing in Disney until I was in my thirties. I must have missed him. I'll bet he was great, though. I'm also of a certain age and his voice definitely was the wisdom of the ages.

I agree that the safari is NOT as good as it used to be. We went on it in December and I actually thought it was pretty boring. Sure, the animals were nice, but there was no adventure! I'm sure I'll go on it again, since my wife loves the animals, but left to my own devices, I wouldn't.

texas211
08-11-2016, 08:27 PM
But didn't offend anyone, plus easier to train folks..

Too bad, another piece of magic..