PDA

View Full Version : runDisney announces new enhancements this race season

badkitty
07-28-2016, 03:21 PM
News today on the Disney Parks Blog is runDisney will be "enhancing" the runDisney experience by going "digital only" for their event guides and providing metal medals for the 5K races.

Personally, I'm not sure how not providing printed event guides is an enhancement. They have been providing digital copies for a while but now they won't be handing out printed versions at the expo. I like having the printed guide to review in the hotel room and to keep as a souvenir. Now I will have to print one before I leave. Boo.

I think metal 5K medals will be cool.

BrerGnat
07-28-2016, 03:37 PM
I have been throwing away the event guides for years. I much prefer the .PDF version thatI can access on my phone.

The metal medals for the 5k is a definite improvement!

cer
07-28-2016, 04:00 PM
News today on the Disney Parks Blog is runDisney will be "enhancing" the runDisney experience by going "digital only" for their event guides ....

Personally, I'm not sure how not providing printed event guides is an enhancement. They have been providing digital copies for a while but now they won't be handing out printed versions at the expo. I like having the printed guide to review in the hotel room and to keep as a souvenir. Now I will have to print one before I leave. Boo...

I'm with you, badkitty. I love reviewing the event guide in my room and studying the course maps. It is unfortunate they are doing away with these.

badkitty
07-28-2016, 06:28 PM
I have been throwing away the event guides for years. I much prefer the .PDF version thatI can access on my phone.

Many probably agree with you but accessing on my phone is what I hate. I actually what to touch the paper and see the actual print size. Now I will have to print the pdf so I'm getting less with my entry fee.

badkitty
07-28-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm with you, badkitty. I love reviewing the event guide in my room and studying the course maps. It is unfortunate they are doing away with these.

Right! Now I will have to print the guide from home. I hope they make it printer friendly. The Dark Side event guide was a completely black background with white letters. It would definitely empty my ink. :sad:

jennsky
08-05-2016, 06:02 AM
Hooray! I'll finally feel like a "real" runner with a metal 5K medal!