PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill

JSparrow
07-28-2016, 07:31 AM
What are everyone's opinion on the Garden Grill for dinner? Opinions on the food and overall experience. I've never been there before and my wife and I are taking our little guy in February, who will be 14 months.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2016, 07:36 AM
I've never been but a coworker tried it a couple of months ago on his trip and it was one of their favorites. He said the food and character experience were good and he said he will do it again. We are trying to breakfast in January.

Basket Mommy
07-28-2016, 08:45 AM
It's one of our favorites. We love the family style way they serve the food, and the food itself is great. You see Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale and they're all very good, great interaction. I'd recommend it.

missymouseworld
07-28-2016, 09:31 AM
We had dinner here this past trip and many times before and never had a bad meal. It is good food and the characters spend time at each table. Our 3 kids have always enjoyed this place, that is why it is on our reservation list for numerous trips. They are very generous with the food, and accommodating with other options if needed. We haven't had breakfast there, as they just started serving recently, but would like to try it one time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-28-2016, 09:40 AM
We are big Garden Grill fans, and make it a stop on every trip.

The food is good, we often get both the "Adult" platter and the "Kids" platter, so have extra variety, and the character interaction is always amazing. We love that it seems quieter than many other character meals, and that the food is served, not a buffet, which is so much easier with kids.

mydisneygirls
07-28-2016, 10:17 AM
We went years ago and didn't care for it at all.

Strmchsr
07-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Love it. It's a must do every time for us.

sorcerer fan
07-28-2016, 05:27 PM
we were there in Dec, just the two of us and the characters all stopped and took pics with us and spent time at the table with us. never had a problem with the food, its good for Disney!

Sneaky Pete
07-28-2016, 06:17 PM
I thought it was good and great place for character meals, but I won't do it again without a dining plan option.

DizneyRox
07-28-2016, 06:26 PM
I thought it was good and great place for character meals, but I won't do it again without a dining plan option.
It's a great meal, but very spendy... Three people and you could be out a Benjamin.

lawgirl
08-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Its one of my favorite restaurants. Its pricey, but I always felt like we have gotten our money's worth- if I remember we've always gotten very large portions, and its higher quality food that we have enjoyed. And the atmosphere is so cool. We took my son when he was about 2. He loved it, and his meal was free. They brought us out a free kids platter of mac and cheese and chicken nuggets free of charge.

DebK
08-02-2016, 04:49 PM
I had the chance to enjoy the breakfast in December. I was solo and never felt uncomfortable. The food was delicious and the character interaction was just as good! And the added bonus was that I had a reservation before Epcot officially opened, so I was positioned to get on Soarin' as soon as the park opened!

Crow
08-03-2016, 05:31 PM
loved it. ate dinner a few times and the food was good. and characters. i had booked a breakfast there for september but cancelled it, because its food and wine fest and i figured we would hit France for a pastry then the booths so didnt need a big breakfast

RAIDER
08-09-2016, 06:07 AM
Personally I think you will love it..it's quite a unique place ,the food is great and of course he will be pampered by the characters