PDA

View Full Version : Laaaaaate night check in

DonaldDuck1117
07-27-2016, 08:08 PM
So I, on a whim, decided to plan a surprise quick trip to Disney for my wife's birthday in October. Because of work obligations we won't be able to leave till early afternoon which would put us onto Disney property around 12:30 or 1:00AM. Will the front desk be staffed to check is in that late? We are staying at All-Star Sports.

Also, in keeping with the surprise (I don't want her to know till the day we are leaving) is there any way to not have magic bands shipped to the house? I have already customized them online but is it possible to have them waiting for us at the resort? From what I remember they are shipped in a while Incredibles box which would be a dead give away, right?

Thank you so much in advance!

faline
07-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Yes, you will find staff to help you check you in when you arrive that late. I have arrived around that time as well.

For Magic Bands I seem to recall you need to confirm your shipping address so I would guess you could put in an alternative shipping address.

Great birthday surprise!!

Kairi_7378
07-27-2016, 08:43 PM
We just surprised my son with a trip. (Trip report coming soon.) While the bands were indeed sent in the Incredibles box, the exterior shipping package was a plain brown box. The words "Disney," "Orlando," or "Magic" did not appear anywhere on the package. My son actually carried this box all the way across MCO without realizing what he was carrying.

DonaldDuck1117
07-27-2016, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the response faline. It's good to know others have checked in that late before!

And thank you Kairi that is so reassuring to know it comes in a nondescript box. I could not for the life of me remember what came besides the white box!

NewDVCowner
07-28-2016, 01:01 AM
I checked in after midnight once and there really wasn't a problem, however it turned out that the computer system had rolled forward at midnight so they had a bit of a problem finding the reservation. Once they realized they were looking at the next day's reservations (or that day's reservations if you want to be technical) they were able to select the correct check in date and get us set up quickly.

DonaldDuck1117
07-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Another great tip!

Kerry823
07-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Due to a very delayed flight, we got in at around 4 am and the front desk was staffed and very helpful.

deedee73
07-28-2016, 09:42 PM
Due to a very delayed flight, we got in at around 4 am and the front desk was staffed and very helpful.
Wow - now that was a really late arrival. Hope you were able to get some sleep before starting your Disney trip.