PDA

View Full Version : Monorail as a ride

cmb
07-27-2016, 01:51 AM
I fondly remember the monorail at Disneyland years ago. How does one ride the Monorail just for the ride. Can you get on somewhere in the park and make a circle, getting off at the same station?

Fangorn
07-27-2016, 09:30 AM
At Disneyland, the monorail has a station inside the park, with another one at the Disneyland Hotel/Downtown Disney. You can get on at either station and make the full circuit. Park admission is required to ride from either station.

At WDW, the monorails are NOT inside the parks, and do not require park admission to ride. They are primarily modes of transportation. There are three lines.

1) The Magic Kingdom Resort loop that goes from the Ticket and Transportation center to the Polynesian, the Grand Floridan, Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary and back to the Ticket and Transportation Center

2) The Express Monorail that goes directly from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom and back (no other stops)

3) the Epcot line which goes from the TTC to Epcot and back.

You can jump on the monorail at any of the stops and ride to your hearts content.

Steve

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2016, 10:14 PM
I highly recommend the ride from the TTC to Epcot and back again. The train makes a circle around FutureWorld and it gives a great view of Epcot, before pulling into the station. Just stay on, and you'll take the return trip to the TTC.

The MK monorail loop is the "classic" loop that goes inside the Contemporary Hotel. Much shorter, and outside of that, not nearly as fun as the Epcot loop.

deedee73
07-27-2016, 11:17 PM
I personally love the classic monorail ride past the MK and through the Contemporary Resort - while short, totally iconic. If it is scenery and a more leisurely ride than the Epcot loop is for you. We really like this loop at twilight or during the Flower Festival to get a birds eye view of some of the displays & topiaries.

RAIDER
08-09-2016, 06:33 AM
Yes you can and its great for getting some fantastic pictures both day and night

LVT
08-09-2016, 11:36 AM
I also enjoy the monorail ride. I like seeing the Florida landscape and I look for birds. I also enjoy the Boat rides: MK to Poly, EPCOT to HS etc. These are nice at night too.

Isabella
08-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Monorail at WDW is a MUST!

mechanic
08-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Lol. Got yelled at by a cm once "the monorail is not an attraction"
My fault. We did 2 resort loops late night when the exit crowds were getting heavy.

cmb
08-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the warning. I will tell them I missed my exit and had to go round again, or go when not busy! Lol

DonaldDuck1117
08-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Forget that. If a CM told me that if make sure to catch the name on the name tag. I can ride the monorail round and round all day long if I want to!

lawgirl
08-20-2016, 10:22 AM
My kids love riding the monorail,buses and boats so much we usually make a day of that! I guess its the Disney Transportation tour day, haha. They are still young enough that going to "Disney" means the same thing either going to an actual park or riding around all day! I'm sure they will grow out of it, but its been fun riding around! For free:)

mrte62
08-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Forget that. If a CM told me that if make sure to catch the name on the name tag. I can ride the monorail round and round all day long if I want to!

Amen!!

Our four young adults still have their Monorail Driver cards from trips long ago .....