PDA

View Full Version : my Disney Experience question

Mackflava99
07-25-2016, 12:18 PM
We are going to WDW in August and while I used the Disney experience app last year it was only me on a business trip, this year I want allow the rest of my family to use it so they can see all the reservations and fast passes. How do i sync them up under mine?
I looked under the FAQs but it isn't provided, or at least i couldn't find it. Currently i am the only one of us with a Disney account.

Thanks!

baldburke
07-25-2016, 12:45 PM
You'll need to invite them (and they'll need to accept and enrolled), but once complete you should have a seamless family experience where all can participate as a team. Good luck!

Fangorn
07-25-2016, 01:20 PM
In order for someone to see the information, they have to be able to log in to an MDE account. If you are going to be the person making all the reservations for everyone, you can set up everyone within your account and give them all the logon and password to the account. Everyone will be able to see it all, since their all looking at the same MDE account.

Alternatively, each person (or sub-group) will need to create their own MDE account. Once that's been done, you can go into your account and invite them to join your "family and friends" list. Once they've accepted that invite, the accounts will be linked and (assuming you've checked the right boxes) anyone should be able to make FP+ and ADRs for any or all of the combined group. It's pretty simple for FP+ and ADRs as you see everybody. But for other things (tickets, magic band set-up, for instance) each account will only see their individual information - so it's a tad harder to make sure everyone has everything in place.

How you do it really depends on if you want/need to have someone be the central point of contact for the whole group or if individuals will be wanting to do their own thing.

Originally, DW was on my MDE account. At some point, she decided she wanted to play with the app and created her own account. When she did that and connected our reservation number to her account, the system removed her from my account. We connected the accounts just fine, but now she has to manage her own account separately except for FP+ and ADRs. It works, but it's kind of annoying at times to have to log in to two separate accounts and do the same thing twice.

Steve

Mackflava99
07-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Thank you, and I may just let them get the app and use my password. My DW is dangerous with anything technical. :)
Seriously though it may be best to do it that way, we plan on doing everything together anyway so unless we split up of went on different rides, it may have been better to separate them out.

Thanks Again-
Bryan

Mackflava99
07-25-2016, 02:35 PM
"a seamless family experience where all can participate as a team"

I love that, to this day, our trips to WDW seem to be the only time we really find extended time together as a family. As my kids get older, they do their own things but at least I still have these trips as our 'family" time

Thanks!!

baldburke
07-25-2016, 09:56 PM
"a seamless family experience where all can participate as a team"

I love that, to this day, our trips to WDW seem to be the only time we really find extended time together as a family. As my kids get older, they do their own things but at least I still have these trips as our 'family" time

Thanks!!

Disney with young kids was fun, but I'm kind of enjoying it with older kids more. We don't always need to be up at the crack of dawn and we can take our time as opposed to feeling the need to get it all in.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Seriously though it may be best to do it that way, we plan on doing everything together anyway so unless we split up of went on different rides, it may have been better to separate them out.

We do it this way ... everyone just uses my login and password, and they can see all of the plans for everyone at once. You can still book separate FP+, and it helps to see where everyone is going to be.