PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Studios Counter Service

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
:ack: I've never been overly impressed with CS at HS but we used to rely on Starring rolls. We thought the sandwiches weren't quite as good last visit so were thinking of doing something else. In the past we've made this a 1/2 day park but we will be traveling with someone who's never seen Fantasmic so it looks like we will be spending several hours here. We are booking 50s Prime Time for Lunch. I was looking at the CS menus and the food here just sounds gross. Is there a hidden gem I'm missing? I'm thinking we should use our snack credits to hold us over and eat a late CS dinner at the POR foodcourt. So now, any suggestions on good snacks. I don't see the carrot cake cookie in the Writer's Shop menu any more. Help please:confused:

#1donaldfan
07-19-2016, 05:40 PM
I agree with you that the CS locations at HS are limited and no so good. I used to like Pizza Planet a lot, the pizza's were actually pretty good for a CS locale ... I'm not sure if it's closed yet but it will be soon if not already. The ABC commissary is not terrible. If it were me, I'd snack on popcorn and eat elsewhere. Boatwrights is very good ....

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking so too...it seems its gone from bad to worse

missymouseworld
07-19-2016, 07:43 PM
You could hop on the boat and head to the Boardwalk and eat something there. Many different options there or at Beach Club area.

Kairi_7378
07-19-2016, 08:36 PM
During our visit last month, my husband was able to get a turkey leg CS meal. He shared it with our son by cutting the meat off of the bone. Dealing with the bad options at DHS was the closest that I had to having a vacation meltdown! If you have hoppers I would consider visiting Epcot. If you don't, I'd consider taking the monorail and visiting Kona Cafe.

Arielfan98
07-20-2016, 10:25 AM
For years my family raved about Backlot Express and their salad which had a delicious cilantro dressing on it and grilled chicken (now called Galactic Salad). Unfortunately, on our trip in January, we got our salads as usual, but were disappointed. The salad dressing was FILLED to the rim with garlic, and not just fresh garlic but fake garlic. All were sick and made plenty of vomit trips to the bathroom afterwards! I do recommend Backlot Express for its location (indoors, in between Indiana Jones and Star Tours). However, after our sickening experience, just stick with the basic burger and fries.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Uh don't want any food poisoning for sure. . Mom doesn't like having to jump from park to park to eat, she'll either want to eat where we are or back at the resort. I think we'll just snack and wait to go to our resort for CS.

TheDuckRocks
07-20-2016, 12:21 PM
PizzeRizzo should be open in time for your January trip. It is the replacement for the old Pizza Planet in the same location. We have found PP to be OK on the pizza, very good salads and outstanding cupcakes. Keeping my fingers crossed that we have similar experiences at PizzeRisso. We will be there for the first couple weeks in January and I'll try to remember to write a review when I get back.

SBETigg
07-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Maybe head to Brown Derby Lounge? Not the restaurant where you might need an ADR. They now offer a tapas style menu in the lounge, and it's not bad. Much better than the quick service options, and pretty relaxing too. A nice break in the park.

SurferStitch
07-20-2016, 01:09 PM
I was going to recommend PizzeRizzo as well, since it should be as good or better than Pizza Planet, which we really liked. I'm probably pushing my luck, but I hope it's open for our mid October trip.

DH and I also love ABC Commissary. On our last 2 trips (Oct. '14 and Dec. '15), I got the grilled salmon filet over a quinoa salad, and it was excellent. I'm EXTREMELY picky with salmon (always too fishy for me), and theirs was super fresh and delicious. I had a glass of pinot grigio with it, and it was a lovely lunch.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-20-2016, 04:14 PM
I've not heard of Pizze Rizzo and will keep that in mind, thanks for all the replies